Recycling flowers (brown bin question)

edcam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you don't have a brown bin you're supposed to

> buy the brown sacks from the council. I know,

> incredibly big backward step there from Southwark

> council. Most people will just put everything in

> the green bins, therefore more landfill.

It's not worth a whole sack just for a bunch of flowers, compost heap is a good option if you can but still the simple question of where to put them if you don't have a brown bin

It's going to interesting at Christmas when food caddies will all be sprouting Christmas trees too

I would put them in your food caddy. I'm sure they will disintegrate quicker than food bones etc. so don't feel guilty about an old bunch of flowers.

Putting them into a neighbours bin could be an option if you ask?

Then again, a woman was seen pulling up in her car, opening the boot and dumping loads of garden waste into a brown bin local to me so it does happen (dumping of stuff into other people's bins).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• We could not be happier. Brian and Malachi were wonderful to have around the house while they were working. The result is 5 star and with Brian's direction the route we took was better than what we had planned. We love the look of our house it has totally changed the feel of the property and transformed it into a house we are proud of. Thank you so much for your great work. Not one hitch and felt really taken care of from start to finish. I cannot recommend them enough.
    • I wanted to provide a strong recommendation for Nick Minnes and his team. I came across Nick when someone on our street was moving out shortly after we moved in and posted on our street whatsapp group with their top ten best trades people in which Nick was listed as a handyman+. We had just moved into a house that had been lived in for 40 years by a couple in their late 80s so there was a lot of work to do! Over the last 5 years, we have used Nick on multiple occasions. The definition of handymen+ does not do Nick and his team justice as they do so much more than this. The work they have done includes: A complete new bathroom refurbishment (including re-building a new wall) Completely refurbishing a sitting room (including inserting sound insultation and bespoke cabinetary) Bespoke under stairs storage (after a number of other trades people said it was too difficult) Preparing the house for plastering (removing old wallpaper, filling in cracks) Outside restoration of bricks and cornice Fixing floorboards down Nick is not your normal handymen. He is extremely creative and also great with thinking through colour schemes. I wouldn't hesitate to use Nick and his team again. Everything that they have done for me has been of the highest quality. They are trustworthy, tidy, reliable and honest. I already have a list of other jobs to get them back in for. I would very happily provide a reference for Nick - just like the people did who were leaving our road.  Nick can be contacted on: 07866 267 581. Thanks, Andy
    • A quick Google doesn't help me. Feels like bullshit 
    • A special case of "why so many bars/cafes have tried and failed to make a success at any location"
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In