Sainsbury?s dog kennel hill

I haven't been to Sainsburys at DKH for several years as I order online. Went recently and found the lighting terrible and ended up with a headache after 15 minutes in there. Won't be repeating that trip again any time soon.

ruffers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It feels a bit dark to me.

>

> if it has goen downhill it's not the only one.

> Savacentre Sydenham is a shambles these days, just

> feels like no one gives a toss.

I think with this one and the Lower Sydenham store, it seems to be a struggle to make a profit these days. The Sydenham one is apparently the largest in the UK (of Sainsbury).

Changing shopping habits, people shopping online (obvs) plus shopping little and often which favours the smaller local stores.

EDmummy Wrote:

> I haven't been to Sainsburys at DKH for several

> years as I order online. Went recently and found

> the lighting terrible and ended up with a headache

> after 15 minutes in there. Won't be repeating that

> trip again any time soon.

>

> ruffers Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > It feels a bit dark to me.

> >

The darker lighting is great for picking up the ladies as they can't see my face, hump or the fact I walk in a funny way

Don't knock the only advantage I have 😂😂

dbboy Wrote:

> Yes, however the smaller local stores are more

> expensive than the bigger stores

The bargains aren't there even though they claim they are the same price.

Use by/Best before dates have got worse in the past few years everywhere - what was once 2 weeks can now be 3 days unless you go through what they've got (and then the older ones just get left for the sucker who doesn't check) and again all this takes time and you have 2 hours.

of course - online you get what they bring. I've tried specifying less ripe fruit please and bread/cold meat/milk with 5+ days - but they aren't really going to listen I guess and then I end up chucking it :(.

You all need to try the Co-op and their prices

Just one thing I noticed yesterday Bassetts Jelly Babies ?1.60

Same thing available in a few small shops on Lordship Lane for ?1.00

I thought The Co-op was the 'Peoples' supermarket where did the 'Divi' go ?

http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5176.0;attach=6022;image

Foxy.

Glad it?s not just me , I?m a carer and half the things I need to get are rarely there even though Sainsbury?s own .agree about lighting. I enquired about getting a loaf of bread without that days date on and was told we don?t reduce until tonight, I just wanted a loaf with at least a couple of days on and they didn?t have one 😩

I don't think it's unique to DKH or Sydenham, but there seems to be generally less stock available in Sainsburys, and they've started restocking aisles at peak times, which they never used to do and is really frustrating as it makes it a lot harder to navigate around the store.

I assumed it was because they were also picking online orders from the shelves rather than in back or because they run with a skeleton staff at nights when they would otherwise have to pay more for out of hours working.

I definitely think it's gone down hill. Lots of things not in stock when I go and not enough sales assistants to help. I think it's a shame. However, it's generally the more esoteric things I need and I find that I can source most of them from SMBS or Organic Village, or elsewhere on LL.

Their vegetables do not look fresh anymore, they never have king edwards potatoes or pizzas even at 11am.

The staff look so miserable and bored.

I find lately I go in happy but come out feeling miserable. This shop really drains my energy its so boring.

They need to play music in this store cause its so depressing, especially when there is no one In it. The shop is in silence.

snoopy17 Wrote:

>

>

> The staff look so miserable and bored.

>

I rarely go in there, but yes, when I do the people on the tills seem like they can hardly bring themselves to serve you.

On one occasion I actually said to the person on the checkout "You look like you really enjoy your job" and she looked at me and said "No I don't" :))

Whereas the people in M&S are almost always really cheerful and helpful.

I have found overpricing a real issue since I started using self scan, several items in each shop ive done recently have come up more expensive on screen than on the shelf, I have raised this several times now at the stores in question and been assured it would be checked and amended but only to find the same error on same products the following shop!

Sainsbury's recently got rid of their FREE flimsy plastic bags for Fruit and Veg. Thats's Good.

They now SELL small stronger (reuseable) ??? Bags for fruit and veg for 30p each.

You may need 4-5 of these if are buying Fruit and veg and want to keep them separate.

There is a real risk of contamination if you reuse them. (Dirty Loose Potatoes, Greens, Coriander) ??

They are made from Recycled Plastic Bottles but not sure if they themselves can be recycled.

On the other hand a PLUS for the Co-op.. They are doing Large Recyclable Green bags for 5p

They are suitable for food waste and marked as such and cheaper and stronger than the rolls

of food waste bags available elsewhere. ?3.95 for 25 15.8p each

Sainsbury's actually doing Nothing for the environment.

DulwichFox