We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation

www.stevenvaughan.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
messageRe: Sainsbury’s dog kennel hill
Posted by Penguin68 05 December, 2019 16:32

Customer collect is fulfilled in-store - don't know about home delivery - I suspect that's from a dark site.

Posted by snoopy17 05 December, 2019 19:41

I continue to shop there because I like the food they sell, why should I shop elsewhere when I have been shopping in this shop for thirty years.

all supermarkets have horribly staff Sainsburys just have the worst out of all of them.

Posted by JohnL 06 December, 2019 08:30

I got shouted at there once when my card got refused and had to pay at the customer service desk.

The lady there gave me an 'oh she got you' look similar to the look Justin Trudeau gives the other leaders about Donald Trump so I wouldn't worry.

Posted by Vik 06 December, 2019 09:42

I genuinely hardly have a problem with any of the staff in there - I find them mostly helpful and friendly.
There are a few grumpier ones who I tend to avoid.

I do find though that it's really obvious when they are due a 'store visit' as the shelves are all full and neat, It was the same when I worked for Woolworths many years ago, the shop always looked at its best when management were coming to visit - it shouldn't be this way, it should be fully stocked for the customers, not just for when someone from Head Office is coming to look around.

Another thing I have noticed is that since the staffing restructure last year, there seem to be a lot of junior management stacking shelves from roll cages - the other day, 12 of them were stocking bakery at the same time, all in suits and with around 6 cages out in one aisle..?

Posted by dbboy 06 December, 2019 23:05

Went today, everything I wanted was in stock, queued up, lady on checkout till was friendly and lovely, no problems.

There are one or two grumpy ones, such as the old woman in the bakery section who I find to be difficult and confrontational. On the deli section their appears to be no consistency in the appreciation of the terms thin or medium sliced, on the counter it can range from wafer thin to Thick cut, depending on which member of staff is serving.

At times I wonder how they ever expect to sell some of the hams, when they look as though they have been left standing for days and appear dry, when a bit of cling film across the front would keep them from doing so.

Posted by seenbeen 07 December, 2019 10:43

snoopy17 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I continue to shop there because I like the food
> they sell, why should I shop elsewhere when I have
> been shopping in this shop for thirty years.
>
> all supermarkets have horribly staff Sainsburys
> just have the worst out of all of them.

Nowadays we have the option to Scan and shop- it's a breeze and you don't have to talk to anyone. Who was it said 'Hell is other people'?

Posted by Administrator 08 December, 2019 08:01

We've removed some overly rude comments about individuals. If we have missed any please let us know.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by KalamityKel 08 December, 2019 08:30

Not sure why my post was removed...
I am interested to know the response from the store regarding complaints filed based on the comments here, whether it's to do with poor levels of stock or poor customer service.

Posted by snoopy17 08 December, 2019 11:10

how pathetic to remove posts.

you forgot to remove dbboy's post as it describes bakery lady.

this whole forum Is a censored joke, none of you mind how anyone gets treated so long as it isn't you experience it.

delicate snowflakes.

Posted by dbboy 08 December, 2019 11:25

Just hold on their, suggest you re-read what I wrote. If Admin wants to remove it, that's fine with me, let's see what Admin does.

snoopy17 Wrote:
> how pathetic to remove posts.
>
> you forgot to remove dbboy's post as it describes
> bakery lady.
>
> this whole forum Is a censored joke, none of you
> mind how anyone gets treated so long as it isn't
> you experience it.
>
> delicate snowflakes.

Posted by hammerman 29 December, 2019 15:52

Little pots of jelly that I buy in Sainsburys and have been 55p a pot have suddenly increased to 60p a pot. Didn't notice until I got home and saw on receipt.

Posted by NewWave 29 December, 2019 19:53

Brexit...Sugar is going up

Posted by Sue 29 December, 2019 20:08

NewWave Wrote:
> Brexit...Sugar is going up

Probably everything will be going up.

ETA: And also tits up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2019:12:29:20:09:11 by Sue.

Posted by hammerman 29 December, 2019 23:01

Just an observation about Sainsburys and their prices so nothing to do with Brexit really!

Posted by SarahTruffleCheese January 06, 06:10PM

I think it has gone down hill

I was in there not too long ago and asked for cauliflower from the worker on the fruit and veg aisle. He told me he couldn't leave his trolley he was unpacking because he had 3 other aisles to stock on top of his own usual fruit and veg aisle!

He said your welcome to complain, to which i told him i would but not about him but about the situation the poor management had left him in! and this was back in Nov so no real Dec Xmas rush... i sympathize with the guy, i used to work in that store and another too but i never had anything like that happen to me - 3 flipping aisles to stock on your own what a joke! hard enough ddoing one, what a joke! poor fella...

Anyway i found someone and she took bloody 20 mins to look and came back with nothing i kid you not! both nice people and not their fault but yeesh how bad is that?!

I didnt complain in the end... not after waiting 20 mins, i just wanted to get out of there!

Posted by snoopy17 January 07, 02:01PM

putting food on a shelf doesn't look very hard, with how slow Sainsbury staff faffing around aisles anyone can do that job.

Posted by randombloke January 19, 01:59PM

The new Smartshop initiative is an evident success.1 person using, meanwhile Christmas-like pandemonium at all the other tills, massive queues, people barging into one another, total confusion. Bravo Sainsbury's.

Posted by rupert james January 19, 02:20PM

Went to do weekly shop Friday 1330 hrs no delivery, shelfs empty.

Dont think they really care anymore. Captive audience.

Posted by Clifton January 19, 03:33PM

Whether the comments about service quality are justified or not, the criticisms of price appear not to be.

Sainsburys is currently the cheapest of the full service supermarkets [www.standard.co.uk].

Posted by sally buying January 19, 03:54PM

Maybe it's just me but I seem to notice that prices seem to increasing, not by much that you would really notice if you did not know what the previous prices were. It does seem to be pennies that you might just miss but they all add up.

Posted by gromit3:16 January 19, 05:26PM

But what was cheap, their meat especially is not cheaper than other supermarkets.

Posted by carlafindle January 19, 08:58PM

Supermarket meat is not cheap and it's basically shit... better to use a butcher and carefully select.

Posted by zork January 21, 09:48PM

Live very nearby Sainsburys DKH so have found myself in there several times a week over the past 6 or so years and I definitely think it’s gone down hill, particularly in the past 2 months.
I haven’t a bad word to say about the staff. I’ve always found them to be very friendly, helpful & pleasant.
But the shelves are half empty! At the moment, it seems like the vegetable aisles are always half empty. I know it’s ‘Veganuary’ or whatever but good management/buying should have taken that into consideration.
Moreover - I’ve been noticing a rotten stench round said Aisles and today noticed, in a couple
of the very empty crates, a few inches of liquid that is best decribed as similar to ‘bin juice’ and the smell too. Staff were totally oblivious as they cleared the units of empty crates...
Shame because I’m loving the smart shop scanning and used to find everything I needed. Hope it’s just a blip!

Posted by carlafindle January 21, 09:53PM

zork Wrote:
> Live very nearby Sainsburys DKH so have found
> myself in there several times a week over the past
> 6 or so years and I definitely think it’s gone
> down hill, particularly in the past 2 months.
> I haven’t a bad word to say about the staff. I’ve
> always found them to be very friendly, helpful &
> pleasant.
> But the shelves are half empty! At the moment, it
> seems like the vegetable aisles are always half
> empty. I know it’s ‘Veganuary’ or whatever but
> good management/buying should have taken that into
> consideration.
> Moreover - I’ve been noticing a rotten stench
> round said Aisles and today noticed, in a couple
> of the very empty crates, a few inches of liquid
> that is best decribed as similar to ‘bin juice’
> and the smell too. Staff were totally oblivious as
> they cleared the units of empty crates...
> Shame because I’m loving the smart shop scanning
> and used to find everything I needed. Hope it’s
> just a blip!

Brexit.

Posted by dbboy January 21, 10:56PM

There's been on ongoing issue with rotten food in the fruit and crates for sometime. Staff do not seem concerned unless it is pointed out. Complacency?

I have also noticed an increase in the number of items where expiry dates have been exceeded by a few days while still on the shelves, but when highlighted to staff they are quick to react and appreciative.

Posted by gromit3:16 January 22, 12:47AM

Terrible smell down the ham isle, I think an old packet of ham has fallen behind the shelf.

Posted by Spartacus January 22, 10:14AM

It feels like there is a coordinated moan going on here

My suggestion, whilst it's great gossip, don't tell us the problems tell the store manage who can action issues.

Posted by dbboy January 22, 02:22PM

It's not gossip nor am I moaning, just stated facts.

Posted by Spartacus January 22, 03:22PM

dbboy Wrote:
> It's not gossip nor am I moaning, just stated
> facts.

As stated, tell the store manager, putting it on here won't give the store the information it needs to rectify the situation unless the manager is an avid reader of the forum. My suspicions are that they don't read the EDF.

If the manager isn't interested then contact head office

Posted by sally buying January 22, 04:22PM

When you contact Head Office you now have to go through "Resolver" a fire wall it seems for for complaints.

They also do not answer apart from a message that says we will look into this. Then nothing.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum