Mobile phone theft from my stall during Christmas cracker fete .

dimples

I had a stall yesterday on lordship lane selling my jams and jellies ( east dulwich naturally )outside the Shoeshop .

I was approached by two Indian men in their 40s the main one

Wearing a black leather jacket and quite a chunky man about 5,10 feet tall.

He came round the back of my stall and bought a jelly,really close to me invading my space.

While I was surgesting he went round and tried some from the tester bowl at the front of the table he with his other hand Took my phone and put it in his jacket pocket while distracting me with the jam in the other hand .

What the man didn't realise is that there was a camera from the shoeshop filming the whole episode

Including a close up of his face . The police are taking the footage but we will get a photo from that which I'll post on here so everyone can be aware that Of these two men .

If anyone finds a brand new disregarded phone case with a purple blackbird and blackberries print on and my brand new iPhone 7 in gold

Please would they either let me know on here or hand it into the shoeshop thanks , I'm gutted !

snoopy17 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why did you leave it on the table, so many

> dishonest people around watching everything you

> have.

Victim shaming? Wow.

I do hope the CCTV footage is enough to catch them and you get your phone back!

Thankyou for the kind comments xx

I actually had hidden it under the shelf which yes was stupid now this has happened but I just didn?t expect someone to come behind my stall which was up against the shop window and reach across the back of my stall , I was so taken aback by the fact he was in my space and he slipped his hand under the shelf not noticed by me as he had grabbed a jelly at the same time with the other hand and I had his money and my money box in my hands . I had just come off the phone to my daughter and well , it happened !!!!!!

Great cctv of him in action , clear and close up so fingers crossed 🤞

What a low life - do not apologise for the fact that someone managed to nick your phone.. looking forwards to the photos - let?s hope someone recognised the lowlife and they are shamed into returning your phone

Cuts mean that the police will be unable to deal with the crime but perhaps they may be recognised!

Love your jams and jellies xx

snoopy17 Wrote:

> Why did you leave it on the table, so many

> dishonest people around watching everything you

> have.

We all do things that on looking back we could have done a little better.

I almost got mine snatched through the pub window - the thieves know all the tricks.

He must have been watching you, probably hanging around the street waiting for someone to forget themselves.

He also sounds like a professional pickpocket, as he distracted you pretending he was interested in jam. Whilst his other hand quietly took your phone.

I saw these two, and another man, in Lordship Lane around the Townley Road Junction at about 6pm on Saturday, walking in the direction of Goose Green. I thought they looked a bit dodgy as they were ambling very slowly and glancing into gardens but they didn't actually do anything so I thought no more of it.

It might be worth keeping an eye out for them this Saturday in Northcross Road and other busy shopping areas (with a hand on your cash, phones, bags, etc.)

Bony Fido Wrote:

> Would be good to stick posters of this photo to

> every possible location in the area and see if the

> local paper(s) would print it - preferably on

> their front page.

This is probably NOT a good idea. Police advice against such action.

It may well hinder any Police investigations and tip off the Perpetrators..

Let the Police deal with this.

DulwichFox

Let the Police deal with this.

The chances are very slim that they will. No violence involved, so their interest will be minimal. I provided clear pictorial evidence of a burglary (and another neighbour the get-away-car details). Nothing happened. The availability of things like CCTV were meant to be a justification for the reduction in front-line policing (because crime evidence was more available) - but the focus is on violence, terrorism, and old sex cases. Simple thefts rarely get a look in. Even though a conviction should be a slam dunk with video evidence of the crime, there wouldn't be any punishment if they took the case to court. Reporting non-violent crime to the police is only about getting a crime number so you can claim on your insurance. They won't do anything about it. In my experience. I would be hugely happy to be proved wrong.