Oglander road thefts...getting ridiculous

JaneB

Having had plants, pots and a tree stolen from my front garden since we just moved in a couple of months ago I naively thought a Christmas wreath would be ok to hang on the front door. But now that?s gone too. Clearly we are easy pickings but it?s getting rather depressing to think that there are people out there doing such a thing. Has this happened to anyone else?

JaneB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Having had plants, pots and a tree stolen from my

> front garden since we just moved in a couple of

> months ago I naively thought a Christmas wreath

> would be ok to hang on the front door. But now

> that?s gone too. Clearly we are easy pickings but

> it?s getting rather depressing to think that there

> are people out there doing such a thing. Has this

> happened to anyone else?

If it makes you feel any better when I lived in 'Posh' Chelsea in the 80's and 90's I had a really heavy stone owl stolen from my Windowsill (Raised ground floor so not that easy to get to either!) and window boxes with plants stolen another time, and once a big stone pot stolen from the front of the house ( they left the tree!)

In those days I reported it to the police who reckoned it was drunk people doing it for a laugh after a night out (I lived just off Fulham road near lots of bars and pubs).

It happens everywhere and has always happened and is dammed annoying!

It's not just Oglander road.

My neighbours in Chesterfield Grove woke to find their front garden a right mess. Plants ripped up out of beds a thrown about the place and heavy items moved around. Not the act of foxes and looked too focused.

Very disturbing and heart breaking for those that put in time, effort and love to their gardens/homes.

Bloody thieves and vandals!

Further speaking to my neighbour, them having reported it to the police, it would seem (according to the police) that people are not reporting any problems whether real or suspected! Police won't know there's a problem unless they're told. Once they're aware crime is on the up they can start to do things to help.

Come on people report your problems!

The online forms are easy and effective. If you have time to post on here you certainly have time to make your way over to https://www.met.police.uk/ro/report/ocr/af/how-to-report-a-crime/