Redelivery to east dulwich post office - don?t do it!

katynicola

I don?t usually write on here but I cannot believe the service I received this week. I received a parcel whilst I was out on Monday and arranged redelivery to east dulwich post office. Received confirmation email it would be there by Wednesday. Queued for 30 mins (pain was it was, even worse with newborn in tow!) only to be told it wasn?t there.

Queued for 30 mins again Thursday morning - only to be told, again, it wasn?t there.

Decided to give it one more shot on Thursday at 4pm, luckily the staff took pity on me and looked for my parcel. Again, it wasn?t there. They advice me to go to the sorting office in Peckham...

My parcel was in Peckham, they said they are really sorry but east dulwich post office is refusing to take parcels (even with emails on the contrary). They had asked the post office staff to put up signs to prevent people queuing like I have but it looks like this was ignored by east dulwich staff.

My advice - just get on the bus to Peckham, saves 2 days of hassle at Christmas time to get your post redirected!

I have also had things delivered to the ED PO and they also have insisted they didn't have it. Only when I have really insisted back did they check to discover my parcel was indeed there.

Personally I'd have things delivered to Co-op or various local newsagents wherever possible and bypass RM entirely. Newsagents are open way later, the queues are way shorter and they're located much closer. An altogether more pleasant process. The same is true with outbound parcels: you can get fully tracked UPS, DHL and other international brand courier services at local newsagents for half the price of RM.

singalto Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I found a missed delivery card from RM: I was in.

> They didn?t even bother to ring the bell! I have

> booked a redelivery for Saturday. Who knows if it

> will turn up!

This happened to me and I asked a postman why it had happened. He said that if the postman on your round that day is new or a stand-in (ie not a regular guy) they don't give him a parcel (in case he nicks it) but just tell him to deliver the card.

I'm with IlonaM myself. They are paid to deliver it. I expect them to deliver it to my home.