Peckham Pulse or East Dulwich Leisure centre?

Pelly8

Hello

I'm thinking of ditching my ridiculously overpriced gym in the city and signing up to either Peckham pulse or ED leisure centre. Pulse is marginally closer to me but not by much. Is there anyone who has been to both? Which one is less busy? Would like to use it for both gym and swim.

Also, does anyone use a personal trainer at either gym? Would be interested to hear about your experiences!

Multigym membership is ?20 more so would just like to pick one...

thank you in advance!

Really like dulwich leisure centre - changing rooms clean and plenty of machines so not too much queuing (tho January bound to be rammed!)

Intersperse gym sessions with Hi-vibe sessions (Melbourne grove) which are just fab! Highly recommend for some seriously personalised workouts along with addressing any physio problems

Pelly8 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello

>

> I'm thinking of ditching my ridiculously

> overpriced gym in the city and signing up to

> either Peckham pulse or ED leisure centre. Pulse

> is marginally closer to me but not by much. Is

> there anyone who has been to both? Which one is

> less busy? Would like to use it for both gym and

> swim.

>

> Also, does anyone use a personal trainer at either

> gym? Would be interested to hear about your

> experiences!

>

> Multigym membership is ?20 more so would just like

> to pick one...

>

> thank you in advance!

I would recommend ED leisure centre I've been to Peckham Pulse too but only used the pool-I found it clean and well staffed.

Having never used the gym at PP I can't comment on that.

I have multi gym membership because I work in W1 and EA have the franchise for gyms in Westminster so its well worth the extra money.

I do use a Personal trainer at ED Tracy who works for Everyone Active and is not an independent she's brilliant (I have never used a PT before and because I found the classes she took at the leisure centre so good I took the plunge and do 30 min sessions with her-they give you the option of 30 or 60 mins PT sessions)

Your membership can cover both if you want (I think they are both run by same chain). Worth checking the Camberwell one, run by Everyone Active too, as its also a good site.

Worth keeping an eye on membership deals for a while - they vary considerably but I'd be looking to pay ?250-300 for a years full membership based on their current offers - anymore than this and you're being seen off.

I note what you say about the swim, but if you can do without it or go separately, perhaps on one of those free of charge days on Friday / weekend (I think), then I can't fault The Gym at Peckham. It's an absolute bargain price, spacious, with some good classes and staff (all personal trainers too), and it's never absurdly busy.

I've been a member of many gyms, including some in the City. I was a member of Peckham Pulse for a few years and it wasn't great. It was dirty, the weights area was sparse, and there was a bad vibe about it. I went in the changing room once and almost every locker door had been kicked / ripped off. That must have taken some doing. This was a few years ago so maybe it's improved.

I hear the ED centre is good (my colleague goes). The pool at Camberwell was dirty last time I went, visibly so.

As a poster above says, Peckham, ED and the other Southwark gaffs are part of the same chain.

Both gyms are run by Everyoneactive and therefore its the same membership fees.

It's also worth knowing, if you didn't already, that you can sign up to use any of the everyone active gyms in southwark on Friday's, Saturday and Sundays for free, under the 'Southwark Free Gym and Swim' scheme. https://www.everyoneactive.com/southwark-free-swim-gym/

If you go to the gym beyond these days, then you should get a membership!

paul* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I note what you say about the swim, but if you can

> do without it or go separately, perhaps on one of

> those free of charge days on Friday / weekend (I

> think), then I can't fault The Gym at Peckham.

> It's an absolute bargain price, spacious, with

> some good classes and staff (all personal trainers

> too), and it's never absurdly busy.

>

> I've been a member of many gyms, including some in

> the City. I was a member of Peckham Pulse for a

> few years and it wasn't great. It was dirty, the

> weights area was sparse, and there was a bad vibe

> about it. I went in the changing room once and

> almost every locker door had been kicked / ripped

> off. That must have taken some doing. This was a

> few years ago so maybe it's improved.

>

> I hear the ED centre is good (my colleague goes).

> The pool at Camberwell was dirty last time I went,

> visibly so.

>

> As a poster above says, Peckham, ED and the other

> Southwark gaffs are part of the same chain.

Wow that doesn't sound good about the Camberwell pool as you mention Paul. Was about to recommend as always been great when I've been swimming there. The changing rooms can be a little hit and miss but otherwise a good venue IMO.

• 1 month later...
Camberwell is best for the Gym. Nice big gym, lots of space and equipment, high ceiling and skylight running the length of it. Never hugely busy either. Pretty sure the membership allows you to use any council run (by Everyone Active) Leisure center in the borough.

I would highly recommend obi at clean Body Health, he's much cheaper then the personal trainers at peckham pulse and Dulwich, plus you get the gym included with the price and he's happy enough for you to take kids along if your stuck!! He really is amazing and I couldn't reccomended him enough! If you need his details just p.m me. He's based at Dulwich Hamlet by sainsburys!