Hate Crime - ED Grove - last night 10pm

To the total POS who blocked my young teen on their way home and refused to let them pass while challenging them about their gender identity.

Why the hell do you think it is your business how they identify and how dare you ask why they've "got tits".

My husband would like to talk to you so please get in touch.

More than that, you threatened to "slap" them even after they told you they are a minor.

Described as tall, big, black and wearing a hoodie. Pity, as I would like to find you but that's not really a helpful description.

We will be looking out for you though.

I think this would be better reported to the police than a social forum. It is clearly, as described, aggressive and threatening behaviour.

However, I suspect that it is extremely unlikely that the alleged transgressor is a forum regular, or even reader, so addressing him through this forum is probably otiose. And your own words 'have a chat' can themselves be interpreted, in context, as threatening.

I am clearly sorry that you child should have felt threatened and, I'm sure, frightened. But involving the authorities who can actually do something about this, if you haven't already, may be a far more productive move.

[EDIT] - cross posted with Penguin68. Share your sentiments exactly

I'm really sorry to hear about your kid's encounter last night @Jules-and-Boo. That's atrocious behaviour.

Would suggest though that the perpetrator wouldn't be particularly forthcoming on The East Dulwich Forum about their actions... in the unlikely event they even use this site.

I would suggest getting in touch with the police on 101 if you haven't yet; providing as much of a description of this person as your child remembers. Things like:

- what their voice sounded like

- The colour of their clothes

- If it was clear, the person's gender

All could be useful in helping identify. CCTV may have also been present in the area.

John

yes we're asking about cctv from neighbours.

I know they're not likely to read this and there is very little the police can do other than add to the statistics - I do think we need to know that there are threats on our roads. This was literally between the bus stop and our home and there was no one around at all - no traffic.

I suppose the message for the forum is to be extra vigilant at all times.

Having a chat with my husband isn't actually a threat, but he would like to have a conversation.

So sorry this happened to your child Jules-and-Boo.

I completely disagree with any suggestion that posting on here isn't a good idea. Who knows who reads this. Who knows who might have seen something. It might be helpful for someone if this happens again or maybe it has already happened to someone else previously.

Reporting to the police should be done but probably useless- unless this person repeats this behaviour.

Your poor child.

I'm quite sure your husband would like to talk with the individual and I hope he gets chance.

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ..your own words 'have

> a chat' can themselves be interpreted, in context,

> as threatening.

>

They could, but not by the police, they cannot interpret what someone says based on context.

Sorry to hear about this J&B.