Estate at end of Thorncombe Road (Velde way, Arnhem Way)

DadOf4

The estate at the end of Thorncombe/ Trossachs Road has a small access road with a dozen or so parking spaces (I am talking about the estate that constitutes Arnhem Way, Velde Way, etc)

On Google maps, this road is shown as an extension of Thorncombe Road. The road has an entrance barrier but I have never seen that closed in c.20 years. And there is no sign to say private parking

Does anybody know the official status of these parking spaces ? ? are they public road/spaces or are they, in some way, reserved for residents of the estate? I think they are mainly used by estate residents but, I do see people who live in nearby roads (like me) parking there sometimes ?I think many people assume that it is private parking for the estate and don?t use them.

The reason I?m interested in this is that I?ve just looked at the plans for the new CPZ. All surrounding roads are to be controlled, but that piece is not covered. If it is actually public parking, Southwark Council may well have dropped a clanger

It's a Southwark Council Housing maintained road - paid for by rent/freehold payment from the home owners there.

I do not believe formal parking resections exist other than the gate which could be locked at any time if the council was more organised.

Similar exists the other wise of East Dulwich Grove running alongside the railway line.