Number plates stolen off our car today.

Frankito

It's a huge thing, stealing to order and having plates that match the make, model and colour so if reported to the police then not already reported as stolen.

If anyone has had a blue Golf R stolen, then I know where it is (for now, it will be gone tonight).

It might be worth also reporting this to your local snt team as well as the police as there appears to be a mini car related crime wave at the moment and they can add this to their list of things to watch our for

What make of car was it as plates are often stolen to make a stolen car appear legit when selling it,

It?s an Audi A6

Spartacus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It might be worth also reporting this to your

> local snt team as well as the police as there

> appears to be a mini car related crime wave at the

> moment and they can add this to their list of

> things to watch our for

>

> What make of car was it as plates are often stolen

> to make a stolen car appear legit when selling it,

I have reported it to the police, so have multiple neighbours but we keep getting told that the car is not of interest, most likely because the plates are wrong.

I don't think the police are at all bothered with car theft but it could easily be linked to burglaries and muggings in the area too.

> I have reported it to the police, so have multiple

> neighbours but we keep getting told that the car is

> not of interest, most likely because the plates are wrong.

Which suggests to me that _neither_ of the plates you mention matched a stolen car report in the police records.

I believe Southwark amy well have conditional direct access to DVLA registered keeper records. I wonder if it will be worth telling them the story, to see if the plate switches provide them with a legitimate interest and power to access details of, and check with, the keepers, or at at least the one for the current plate. I'd have thought that probable. The switch does at least raise a suspicion that the car is or has not not been properly taxed. James, do you have any idea?

A blue car with the second number plate, and ? some abrasion and rust of the nearside body below door level, was still there an hour ago. If you have good reason to believe it's stolen, have you thought of fairly harmlessly disabling its removal by, say, boxing it in?

chuff Wrote:

> Is your number plate either VN15 ZJE or BF15 RVY?

>

> if so then they have both been on a stolen car in

> Druce Road today. The VN plates were on it this

> morning and they came to swap them to BF this

> afternoon.

Both number plates are for a Blue VW Golf and come back as MOT'd, insured, taxed and not stolen.

nivag Wrote:

> chuff Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Is your number plate either VN15 ZJE or BF15

> RVY?

> >

> > if so then they have both been on a stolen car

> in

> > Druce Road today. The VN plates were on it this

> > morning and they came to swap them to BF this

> > afternoon.

>

>

> Both number plates are for a Blue VW Golf and come

> back as MOT'd, insured, taxed and not stolen.

That's the point

The plates may have been stolen but the car they came off wasn't, therefore the car they have been applied to, if sold with a false v5, will make a stolen car appear legitimate

I?ve checked the registrations and I thought the tax had just run out on both of the number plates? I?ve no doubt they?re cloned plates from an unsuspecting car owner or stolen. The fact that they came to swap the plates 3 hours after taking something out of it, makes me think they might have had the second set made up specifically to disguise the car. Unless of course there?s another blue golf r nearby that have had them stolen.

I?m not sure where to even start with speaking to Southwark and as for the police not being interested because the current plates are not reported as stolen or of interest, it really bothers me. There?s obviously something wrong and the police know cars get cloned to sell on or to use for robberies.

There?s more than I?m saying on here for obvious reasons but this isn?t just a case of someone parking their car and looking like they?re up to something. It also has completely flat tyres now too.