Aggressive man - Peckham rye park

Today a friend and I witnessed a man aggressively shouting at strangers, pushing them, chasing them - some solo parents with small, toddler age children. Friend was left really shaken when he approached her and pushed her really hard. We saw this approx 10am near the cafe / children?s playground (Sunday) I think the police were called but wondered if anyone had any background, updates or witnessed anything similar? Guy was maybe on his 20s or 30s, black, wearing black jacket with green hood. After years of living here, first time I?ve seen something that felt v. Scary during daylight hours in park filled with families.

We stumbled across this guy in the park toilet building around 10:15am. Not sure what he was doing but clearly wasn't happy about being disturbed. He came out ranting and raging, pushed my partner around in front of the kids and tried to hit him. We made a quick exit to head to the cafe but he came up to us from behind and pushed my partner again, then kept walking on while continuing to shout. He was clearly in a very bad state and we were all quite shaken. The kids really needed the toilet so we didn't call the police and when we came back out he was gone. Poor guy, hope he's getting help and that noone was properly hurt.

contented sow Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Today a friend and I witnessed a man aggressively

> shouting at strangers, pushing them, chasing them

> - some solo parents with small, toddler age

> children. Friend was left really shaken when he

> approached her and pushed her really hard. We saw

> this approx 10am near the cafe / children?s

> playground (Sunday) I think the police were

> called but wondered if anyone had any background,

> updates or witnessed anything similar? Guy was

> maybe on his 20s or 30s, black, wearing black

> jacket with green hood. After years of living

> here, first time I?ve seen something that felt v.

> Scary during daylight hours in park filled with

> families.

just after a terrorist attack where the perpetrator chased people with a knife. Not a good thing to do.

I may have encountered him this afternoon as I walked home along East Dulwich Road.

As I crossed a junction he marched straight towards me, in a very aggressive manner and way too close for comfort.

I dodged out of his way and he motioned to come after me, but stopped and shouted obscenities instead.

I'd say 30ish, light brown skin, black hair, longish black coat and a blue wool hat. He headed off towards the roundabout. Looks unkempt and unwell, but it was a bit of a scary encounter.

I'll report it online, as 101 number didn't pick up.

Same thing happened to me on on East Dulwich Grove on Monday at around 3pm going towards the Charter ED from Alleyn's. He was shouting and swinging his fists as he came towards me. I ran across the road and he continued to shout at me and then proceeded up the road and started throwing things at people. Exactly the same description as previous posters.

Saw him about 20 minutes ago on Deventer Crescent, East Dulwich Grove Estate. Going by other posts he seems to be around this area (near the schools) around 3pm.

My partner also saw him arguing with an elderly person on their doorstep on Deventer Crescent last Saturday. He only left the elderly man when he got his walking stick out. He seems well enough to pick his targets.

This man threw a cup of hot coffee in a ladies face today in Peckham rye park and knocked an elderly man to the ground. I didn't witness it personally, but my friend did. Once again, police have been informed. Also once again, there seems to be no police presence. The lady who had hot coffee thrown in her face reported it to the park office and was told there's nothing they can do.

lindylou Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Who is whistling man?

A bit of a character from a few years back with a very loud whistle and a predilection for directing buses - wasn't ever violent to my knowledge. But he was seen as bad enough that he was given an ASBO and banned when he broke it.

Throwing anything is someone's face is assault and he should be arrested for that at least. Hard to know what his mental health condition is and whether or not he is taking medication, or worse still, using illegal drugs. But clearly he is making enough of a nuisance to warrant some attention from authorities.