trains this weekend from Peckham

mayo

From looking at the app - buses replace trains this weekend on both the Peckham Rye to London Bridge line and on the London Overground. I've found the info on the overground closure on TFL but can't see anything about the London Bridge one on either TFL or southeastern trains (this mentions closure on victoria - bromley / lewisham lines but nothing about london bridge)

Has anybody seen anything at the station about this? I cycle so don't use the station during the week. Just wondering if the app is correct or not. If so it's most annoying to be closing so many lines affecting the same station on the same day.

Yup, the app is usually correct. I?ve checked and no trains from ED to London Bridge this weekend. Looks like no overground from Peckham to Clapham Junction either. I usually go to Denmark Hill and make my way to London Victoria when this happens or Herne Hill into central London, as I find the a Rail Replacement fairly unreliable - plus it can take ages!

Thanks. We need the jubilee line to east of london so Victoria isn?t really any good. We wanted London Bridge or Canada Water and frustrating that neither option is working on Saturday! Why can?t they spread these works out a bit?

Forest Hill or Crofton Park trains also up the spout this weekend

LONDON OVERGROUND: Sunday 9 February, no service between Highbury & Islington and New Cross / New Cross Gate / Clapham Junction. Use alternative Overground services between Highbury & Islington and Dalston Kingsland for connecting replacement buses.

Replacement buses operateService M: Canada Water - Surrey Quays - Queens Road Peckham - Peckham Rye - Denmark Hill - Clapham High Street - Wandsworth Road - Clapham Junction.Service X: Dalston Kingsland - Dalston Junction - Haggerston - Hoxton - Shoreditch High Street - Whitechapel (for London Buses Route D3 to/from Shadwell and Wapping) - Tower Gateway (for DLR) - Bermondsey (for Jubilee line and London Buses Route 381 and C10 to/from Rotherhithe) - Canada Water (for London Buses Route 381 and C10 to/from Rotherhithe)- Surrey Quays - Deptford Bridge (DLR) - New Cross - New Cross Gate

LONDON OVERGROUND: Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 February, no service between Highbury & Islington and New Cross / Clapham Junction / Crystal Palace / West Croydon, including Night Overground. Last trains on Friday night / Saturday morning are at 2350 from Crystal Palace to Highbury & Islington and 0010 from Highbury & Islington to New Cross Gate. Use Southern Railway connections between New Cross Gate and Crystal Palace / West Croydon. Replacement buses operate.

Replacement buses operate: Service M: Canada Water - Surrey Quays - Queens Road Peckham - Peckham Rye - Denmark Hill - Clapham High Street - Wandsworth Road - Clapham JunctionService X (Includes Overnight Service): Dalston Kingsland - Dalston Junction - Haggerston - Hoxton - Shoreditch High Street - Whitechapel (use local bus route D3 for Shadwell and Wapping) - Tower Gateway (DLR) - Bermondsey (Tube) (use bus route 381 or C10 for Rotherhithe) - Canada Water (use bus route 381 or C10 for Rotherhithe) - Surrey Quays - Deptford Bridge (DLR) - New Cross - New Cross Gate.Or use London Underground services via any reasonable route (entrance/exit at Canada Water and Stratford stations only) or DLR services between Tower Gateway/Shadwell and Deptford Bridge.

https://se23.life/t/no-london-overground-services-on-our-line-all-weekend-no-southern-victoria-service-on-saturday-no-trains-from-crofton-park-or-catford/13965/1

mayo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why can?t they spread these works out a bit?

The engineering works are between Streatham and Peckham Rye which takes out Tulse Hill - that's the major junction handling everything from Streatham, Streatham Hill and West Norwood. Take out Tulse Hill and you've lost three entire lines.

On Saturday, there is only a 30 minute train service to London Bridge from Forest Hill, Honor Oak Park and New Cross Gate due to engineering works. Sunday trains run every 15 mins from those stations, although they may be affected by Storm Ciara.

Peckham Rye sees Victoria trains running only every 30 mins, while Denmark Hill has three trains per hour to Victoria with buses replacing Thameslink and Overground trains.

You can take the 63 bus direct to Southwark Tube for the Jubilee line, from the Peckham Rye side of ED. Check Blackfriars Road is open again after waterworks, otherwise E&c and 10 mins walk. I do this regularly and on a Sunday it?s half an hour from the top of Forest Hill Road and easiest / less changes

There are some emergency repairs overnight 14-15 Feb to the line between Peckham Rye and Nunhead. According to https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/242647.aspx they're scheduled to be done by 06:00, but it might be prudent to check on http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/ldbboard/dep/PMR/NHD/To that there's been no overrun.

Looks ok now, Saturday 10:05