Denmark Hill safe early in the morning?

Salta

I need to get to Luton airport early Friday morning and am looking at getting the first train out of Denmark Hill - 5:07am!!

I'm a bit worried about the safety at that time in the morning as a woman on my own, there will obviously be no staff around. Does anyone have experience of using the station at those times? Are there many people?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I got an early train (about 5.30am I think) from Denmark Hill back in December. I got to the station stupid early and hung about by the barriers for a while before going down on to the platform. As you say, no staff, but I reassured myself slightly by thinking about how many security cameras there must be. I was the first one there but felt better when a couple of other passengers arrived on the platform, by the time my train came there were I think 3 or 4 of us waiting, no chat of course but a v slight acknowledgement from one or two. I'd do it again if I had to, probably safer actually at the station than walking along the street at that hour. Safe journey! Annie