Controlled Parking Zone - West Peckham

trinidad

so, despite most residents objecting to the plans to make our streets a controlled parking zone, the council ignored these objections, and will now make the following roads as part of the zone:

Adys Road

Amott Road

Avondale Road

Bellenden Road

Besant Place

Chadwick Road

Choumert Road

Copleston Road

Danby Street

East Dulwich Road

Everthorpe Road

Fenwick Grove

Fenwick Road

Gowlett Road

Grove Vale

Hayes Grove

Howden Street

Keston Road

Maxted Road

Marseden Road

Muschamp Road

Nutbrook Street

Oglander Road

Ondine Road

Oxenford Sreet

Soames Street

Waghorn Street

Wingfield Street

The lines are now painted, the signs have been fitted and covered with bin liners. Residents have been told the restrictions will only be from 9:00am - 11:00am Monday to friday, but we will still be charged a hefty sum of ?125.00 for the privlage of parking the car, along with car tax, insurance and petrol prices. Thank you Labour Southwark, anyone know when the local elections are due - Labour has lost my votes :(

There aren't any conservatives in Southwark at all so you can;t blame them!

I guess our elected representatives are hoping this will all be forgotten about by the next elections ( May 2022.

Tbf to him, this is exactly the sort of issue that James Barber was so good at getting a balanced view from residents on and making sure that the decision reflected what the people living under it actually wanted and needed.

Our three councillors have been beyoond hopeless on the CPZ.

Our three councillors have been beyoond hopeless on the CPZ

They have done precisely and exactly what was required of them by the apparat. Your mistake is in the use of the word 'our' - unless you happen to be the leader of the council in Tooley St. They are party ciphers, no more, no less. Their only independence of thought is their independence from what their constituents (hollow laugh) want or believe.

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Our three councillors have been beyoond hopeless

> on the CPZ

>

> They have done precisely and exactly what was

> required of them by the apparat. Your mistake is

> in the use of the word 'our' - unless you happen

> to be the leader of the council in Tooley St. They

> are party ciphers, no more, no less. Their only

> independence of thought is their independence from

> what their constituents (hollow laugh) want or

> believe.

The argument is that voters voted for a party and it's policies and no politician should be independent of it. Logically we might as well vote in a computer program.

trinidad Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> so, despite most residents objecting to the plans

> to make our streets a controlled parking zone, the

> council ignored these objections, and will now

> make the following roads as part of the zone:

>

> Adys Road

> Amott Road

> Avondale Road

> Bellenden Road

> Besant Place

> Chadwick Road

> Choumert Road

> Copleston Road

> Danby Street

> East Dulwich Road

> Everthorpe Road

> Fenwick Grove

> Fenwick Road

> Gowlett Road

> Grove Vale

> Hayes Grove

> Howden Street

> Keston Road

> Maxted Road

> Marseden Road

> Muschamp Road

> Nutbrook Street

> Oglander Road

> Ondine Road

> Oxenford Sreet

> Soames Street

> Waghorn Street

> Wingfield Street

>

> The lines are now painted, the signs have been

> fitted and covered with bin liners. Residents have

> been told the restrictions will only be from

> 8:00am - 11:00am Monday to friday, but we will

> still be charged a hefty sum of ?125.00 for the

> privlage of parking the car, along with car tax,

> insurance and petrol prices. Thank you Labour

> Southwark, anyone know when the local elections

> are due - Labour has lost my votes :(

The hours are 9 - 11 am.

Thank you, the more i read in the information about visitor parking permits, the more my head hurts. There seems to be virtual parking permits which you have to open a parking account for. They seem to cost ?1.60 for an hour, but no mention of two hours which are the restrictions for our CPZ. Then there are paper booklets, where you scratch dates and trhings off. but these are all day visitor permits and cost ?29.00 for ten (?2.90 per person all day). I am so dreaded all these rules and regulations, let alone the money to pay, I know there will, be lots of tickets issued, just for the confusion.

The letter received from southwark parking mentioned a visitor voucher, i dont know if that is another scheme, or one of the two above????

Also the parking by phone mentioned in the southwark letter is ?2.75 per hour.

Is it me, or is this really confusing? I thought there was also meant to be free short stay parking.

Parking is super simple.

Register for a Southwark Parking account, pay for your tickets there then when you have a visitor, just go online and enter their details in (e.g. reg no) and its all done electronically. Takes me about 30 seconds on average when we have a visitor - not remotely hard or stressful.

Hello Ling, I received my letter from Southwarks Highways Transport Projects dated 6th February 2020, do you live in any of the 28 roads listed in the first message?

The scheme commences enforcement on Monday 30th March 2020, and from what i have read, the earliest residents can purchase a resident permit is on 2nd March 2020 - it will cost you ?125.00 a year

I assume the 9am start is to stop the commuters parking (the roads close to ED train station have lots of commuter parking. I think the council did want all day restrictions, but objections made it two hours per day. shame the annual charge was not altered either :(