Pet owners be aware (of traps), Dunstans Road, Forest Hill Road end

I was just talking to a client of mine the other day about this! The way in which people choose to handle their infestations could ultimately lead to injury, poisoning or even the death of our felines. This worries me. I'm relieved to hear he's okay - just keep an eye on his walking. Make sure he's not limping & avoiding pressure; that there's no puncture wounds that could lead to infection - otherwise it'll be worth getting his paw checked over by the vets, just to be on the safe side.

bcam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Looks like the kind of trap this nasty piece of

> work - Mahoody - is selling. You should send him

> your vet bill.

>

> https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,2096886,2097838#msg-2097838

It does not, and there are no grounds for asserting that it might have been sold or set by him. If you look at his trapbarn.com website, mentioned in the thread you link to and have also contributed to, it's clear to see that the Fenn traps are made in Redditch. It's also clear to see that the Kness trap was made in the USA, and looks different from the Fenn one.

It's also a clear matter of law that the Spring Traps Approval (England) Order 2018, SI 2018/1190 gives the Fenn traps explicit government approval. That approval has, for all varieties of the trap, the clear condition:The trap must be set in a natural or artificial tunnel which is, in either case, suitable for the purpose.

So, any responsibility for the hurt done to the cat lies clearly with the user rather than the unknown supplier. The trapbarn.com website itself makes it clear at a number of places that it's a legal requirement to have such a tunnel, and supplies artificial ones.

Do you have any evidence that, as you clearly imply, Mahoody has some responsibility for the hurt suffered by the cat?

How do you justify "this nasty piece of work"?

Ian, Mr Rogers said: ?When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news. My mother would say to me, ?Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.?

That's not you.

ianr Wrote:

> bcam Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Looks like the kind of trap this nasty piece of

> > work - Mahoody - is selling. You should send

> him

> > your vet bill.

> >

> >

> https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?

> 30,2096886,2097838#msg-2097838

>

> It does not, and there are no grounds for

> asserting that it might have been sold or set by

> him. If you look at his trapbarn.com website,

> mentioned in the thread you link to and have also

> contributed to, it's clear to see that the Fenn

> traps are made in Redditch. It's also clear to

> see that the Kness trap was made in the USA, and

> looks different from the Fenn one.

>

> It's also a clear matter of law that the Spring

> Traps Approval (England) Order 2018, SI 2018/1190

> gives the Fenn traps explicit government approval.

> That approval has, for all varieties of the trap,

> the clear condition:The trap must be set in a

> natural or artificial tunnel which is, in either

> case, suitable for the purpose.

> So, any responsibility for the hurt done to the

> cat lies clearly with the user rather than the

> unknown supplier. The trapbarn.com website itself

> makes it clear at a number of places that it's a

> legal requirement to have such a tunnel, and

> supplies artificial ones.

>

> Do you have any evidence that, as you clearly

> imply, Mahoody has some responsibility for the

> hurt suffered by the cat?

>

> How do you justify "this nasty piece of work"?

I got the impression that ianr WAS helping.

Helping to highlight someone's accusation as misplaced, vindictive and ill-founded.

The accusation of Mahoody seemed a bit knee-jerk premature, no ?

What would also help is the free accuser answering ianr's questions

Look, the "brand" of trap is irrelevant. The fact is, the guy has been punting these kinds of brutal "industrial" traps across residential areas for quite some time, and I'm sure this isn't the first pet that's been injured, or killed.

And they are pointless. They also rely on inexperienced members of the public setting and locating them properly, which clearly hasn't worked in this instance. So no, the trap in question likely isn't his. But does he punt the same barbaric devices? Yes.

Last post from me as I'm not gonna keep bumping this up. Sure you won't be able to help yourself tho....

Always nice to see a fearless (keyboard) warrior ride valiantly to a maidens aid. I'm swooning!

KidKruger Wrote:

> I got the impression that ianr WAS helping.

> Helping to highlight someone's accusation as

> misplaced, vindictive and ill-founded.

> The accusation of Mahoody seemed a bit knee-jerk

> premature, no ?

> What would also help is the free accuser answering

> ianr's questions

I'd be fearless in front of you as well, the keyboard is a distraction so don't flatter yourself.

You were directly accusing the poster of being responsible, what he's doing is not illegal (as somebody else [another 'keyboard warrior' ?] pointed out).

You may not like the taste of that, but you need to deal with that rather than insulting people who point it out.

I wasn't insulting you, sunshine. But it seems you need to. Er, OK.