Post Office on Lordship Lane closed today , Friday 20th March .

the reason there are so many threads is because it keeps getting moved to the business section, which is annoying and i don't really see why...

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Already two threads on this!

budleigh Wrote:

> the reason there are so many threads is because it

> keeps getting moved to the business section, which

> is annoying and i don't really see why...

>

>

>

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Already two threads on this!

Should threads be moved elsewhere and another is started up it would be really helpful, to those that might not navigate around the forum so much or even realise (those on mobile devices) there are other sections, for others to link on the thread where they might find it...

https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,2105190

https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,2105105

not sure why it's not allowed in the general section, it's the post office! not a restaurant.

anyway i'm self employed and rely on the post office, i just went by and it's still closed, same sign. i would assume it's not coming back, but we shall see on monday.

Urgh, my parcel appears to be stuck in the Forest Hill Road PO - I posted an urgent overnight parcel on Monday evening and it never arrived. Now I've got no way of retrieving it or contacting anyone about it, as Parcelforce have no record of it and no one is answering the phone at the FHR PO. There's not so much as a note on the door saying what is happening.

Does anyone knows anything about when it will reopen? Obviously I hope everyone who works there is OK.

• 3 weeks later...
I passed the Post Office yesterday and today. The queue is out the door and down the street and there is also a queue there for Barclays, a bus stop and people walking along the road. There was no social distancing because of the number of people- the whole area is a disaster waiting to happen

Bic Basher Wrote:

> Today the queue for the Post Office was going

> towards M&S this afternoon.

>

> M&S hardly had a queue at all.

Are you sure the M and S queue wasn't going down Chesterfield grove...that's where it was going yesterday?

seenbeen Wrote:

> Bic Basher Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Today the queue for the Post Office was going

> > towards M&S this afternoon.

> >

> > M&S hardly had a queue at all.

>

> Are you sure the M and S queue wasn't going down

> Chesterfield grove...that's where it was going

> yesterday?

It is today, but was quiet when I went past yesterday afternoon.

Just used the PO, was about a 20 min wait.

gromit3:16 Wrote:

> Camberwell has been closed all week,

> it means now the nearest one is Peckham orlordship

> lane, which means extra people using these to post

> offices.

>

> I thought government said post offices are

> essential, they should stay open.

A bit difficult to do IF say I dunno... they don't have staff due to self isolation...

Just putting that thought out there!

It's easy to say this and that should be operating how you expect them to do so but people really need to think of others too.

Queued at Walworth rd branch for 2 hours to post something back. That was being there an hour before opening hours. The amount of people waiting was enormous! It had been closed for a few days and seemed like a one off to be open. Was exhausted mentally after, couldn't wait to get home.