Demolition of the old PO sorting office on Silvester/Pellatt Roads

Pootle

Demolition at the old PO site on Silvester/Pellatt Roads seems to be carrying on, while neighbours are stuck at home, many of us NHS staff on shifts and most trying to home school. The noise, vibration and dust is unbearable. The builders are all huddled together during breaks, too, and one has developed a cough in the past few days. The work is clearly nonessential, as they are building a block of flats and 3 town houses. Apart from the obvious public health concerns, I am interested to find out how far is the noise travelling - are other people locally finding it a nuisance? Thanks.

I see you've added re. the huddled builders "and one has developed a cough in the past few days." to your original post.

As noise is your issue "The point of my original post was about the noise" perhaps speak to the noise people at the council. I'm not sure they can deal with the noise of coughs though.

In regards to the virus: "Construction firms split as shutdown calls grow" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52034586

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Another great encounter with Aria. A leaking toilet was fixed quickly and cleanly and for a reasonable price. Aria’s always going to be our first call for plumbing work, and he knows a lot of good local people for their types of jobs.
    • There's a hint on what happened here but see nothing else https://www.cio.com/article/2069427/payment-processing-outages-at-uk-retailers-raise-reliability-issues-for-cashless-transactions.html      
    • Nauris and his team have done fantastic work in our garden for the second year. Last year, they sanded, oiled the deck and did an immaculate job of paving the area around the deck. Then two weeks ago, I asked Nauris if he could build a garden shed, sand and oil the deck and paint and repair the fences. Again, another excellent job and he was great at fitting in a couple of small fixes. We are really pleased with the shed which is well made and painted and blends in well to the garden. Nauris is really respectful and always left everything tidy in the evening and spotlessly clean at the end of the job. Nauris also provided a clear quote for the work at the beginning.  I recommend Nauris Graudins (and his team) very highly - [email protected]  
    • So who actually checks that the above is followed - are there going to be "surprise" inspections ?
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In