Dulwich Medical Centre - not answering

Hi everyone. Been trying to get through to them but it just rings and rings and then eventually cuts off. There?s not even a recorded message anymore. Does anyone know if they?re no longer operating? Thanks

You?re right Friernlocal. Apparently someone there had the virus so they?ve closed. I phoned Chadwick and did explain that there was nothing on the website to inform patients of this and no recorded message to re-divert phone calls or give patients the Chadwick Road number but I?m not sure anything will be done to rectify that. So anyone who is a patient at DMC, ring the Chadwick Road number.

• 2 months later...
I have just had my repeat prescription rejected by Dulwich Medical Centre Online with no explanation. I have tried to call but there is no answer even though they are supposedly open. They offer no appointments of any kind on the Patient Access app. The very generic DMC website gives no explanation of how to make an appointment other than to email an address that is a broken link. I am really furious. I have run out of one of my meds and although this is not the end of the world, what would someone with a serious problem actually do?

Call DMC at Chadwick Road.

They are open (not face to face)

They have been dealing with me and I have had a couple of Telephone appointments

and they have arranged blood tests.

I was able to go there and pick up Blood Test forms.

60 Chadwick Rd, Peckham, London SE15 4PU

Hours: Closes 7:30PM

Phone: 020 7639 9622

You can get to speak to speak to someone.

Hope they can sort you out.

DulwichFox

Thank you very much Dulwich Fox for this information. I will hold onto it in case more problems. I went down to the Practice and spoke to the receptionist through the intercom. She is arranging for a pharmacist to call me today. I think it's really bad practice to reject a prescription renewal request without explanation or advanced warning, especially at this moment where services are stretched and it is so hard to make contact with medical professionals.

It seems there was a misunderstanding and my prescription was on automatic repeat without me knowing. We talked about the fact that there needs to be a facility on the online app to explain why a request has been rejected.

I have regular medication and keep the copy of the prescription when issued by pharmacist, to take into pharmacy the next time I need medication. This was set up by my GP surgery and I have been using this method since March.

I think in an emergency the pharmacist who normally deals with your prescription would give you at least enough to tide you over until the GP could clarify.

Glad you've sorted it out, anyway!

ETA: I have recently set up a system (Echo, used by Lloyds pharmacy in North Cross Road) to get repeat prescriptions by post, and much to my absolute amazement it has so far worked.

Obviously I set the dates they were due well in advance of the actual date, given our current dire postal service ....

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think in an emergency the pharmacist who

> normally deals with your prescription would give

> you at least enough to tide you over until the GP

> could clarify.

>

> Glad you've sorted it out, anyway!

>

> ETA: I have recently set up a system (Echo, used

> by Lloyds pharmacy in North Cross Road) to get

> repeat prescriptions by post, and much to my

> absolute amazement it has so far worked.

>

> Obviously I set the dates they were due well in

> advance of the actual date, given our current dire

> postal service ....

I tried a similar system to Echo and found it was terrible and that was before the Covid-19 issues. I now collect from Sadlers on LL since I can no longer collect the green prescription scripts and they've been excellent.

They've come a long way from when it was a 1980s chemist relic.