Cycle accident on junction of Melbourne Grove today

Hello,

We called an ambulance this morning for a cyclist who was knocked off his bike at the junction of Melbourne Grove and East Dulwich Grove. It seems quite bad. I don?t believe it was his fault, the car pulled across the road and didn?t see him. We left once the ambulance arrived, but I wanted to put this on here incase anyone knows how to find out if the poor cyclist is okay.

Thanks

Oh how awful - best wishes to the cyclist concerned. on my weekly shop car journey I am driving very cautiously simply because there are so many cyclists and runners. Please drivers double check at junctions and just slow down if there is no place to pass - let?s face it unless you are an emergency responder we should be taking everything very carefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes do provide a witness statement. I saw an accident on Herne Hill Road where a van jumped the lights. I took names, photos, waited for the police and ambulance to arrive and gave evidence. Two others were there to help. Driver stopped; found out subsequently that cyclist was shaken but released from Kings. I unfortunately did not get his number or that of one of the other witnessed to ensure that she was in the loop.

I didn't see any need to go on social media but if you were the cyclist involved, end of Jan junction with Red Post Hill, hope you are fine and got your bike sorted. Driver did the right thing by stopping and will get appropriate penalty.

• 2 weeks later...