We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://avakitchens.co.uk

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
messageRe: Ignoring lockdown in ED
Posted by TE44 May 07, 01:27AM

Blah blah, i appreciate your knowledge but I cannot pretend I do not have a problem with many of the organisations in this industry. Since the beginning of this pandemic many things have made no sense. Doctors on the front line have made there own videos asking other doctors and scientists to speak out, doctors being asked to treat patients in a way that does not make sense, to there teaching. There has been a rise in suicide helplines by NHS numbers. Doctors, scientists and anyone who has spoken out about the contradictive information given has been silenced. I welcome change but it is a scary thought whilst in the hands of such corrupt powers.

Posted by TE44 May 07, 01:54AM

[youtu.be]

An interesting vid done couple of days ago from a whistleblower.

Posted by JohnL May 07, 07:14AM

TE44 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [youtu.be]
>
> An interesting vid done couple of days ago from a
> whistleblower.

Video removed as it breaches guidelines ?
Have a guess which one from the page [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was may 07, 07:17am by JohnL.

Posted by malumbu May 07, 01:14PM

Here's a vid of a shouty man. Hadn't realised it had become viral, spawned a single etc. [www.youtube.com]

Prefer our own Dulwich Raider

[www.youtube.com]

Actually this is excellent - is this DR or someone associated with him/her? Love to know

Posted by TE44 May 07, 02:13PM

Ha ha Malumba, do ya want some, so funny, my sons love that clip.

Posted by KidKruger May 07, 04:07PM

ha ha - the Wealdstone Raider is infamous. He challenged Tyson Fury (and his scheduled opponent) to a scrap at a press conference promoting the fight. Does a fair bit for charity, this guy.

malumbu Wrote:
> Here's a vid of a shouty man. Hadn't realised it
> had become viral, spawned a single etc.
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> Prefer our own Dulwich Raider
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> Actually this is excellent - is this DR or someone
> associated with him/her? Love to know

Posted by PnB May 10, 06:32PM

I have it on good authority that the Wealdstone Raider has never attended games against Dulwich Hamlet as he is too wary and afraid of what 'The Rabble' (Dulwich Hamlet fans) might do to him if he opens his gob. Insults about the latest humus flavours in M&S, potential rental income fluctuations, and taunting about the star rating of the hotel in the recent Alps skiing trip are meant to make him rather offended.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 10, 07:43pm by PnB.

Posted by seenbeen May 10, 09:05PM

Vinnie Jones used to play for Wealdstone....something seems to have rubbed off on this guy

Posted by garages2018 May 11, 02:15PM

I think its time to wear masks when outside just to protect our self
and other people around use.This includes when children wearing them
on return to school. On Sunday Peckham Rye was Packed with people, how
are police meant to police people who should know better and keep safe.

Posted by Penguin68 May 11, 02:45PM

I think its time to wear masks when outside just to protect our self
and other people around use.

Anything other than 'proper' PPE masks (with a tight seal around the face) will do little to protect you - although most face coverings will partially at least protect others from you should you be an asymptomless carrier. Probably you only need to be 1 metre away from someone you are just passing (in the open air) to remain reasonably safe, two metres is even better. Washing your hands thoroughly when you can if you've been out and touched anything you didn't bring with you is very important, however.

Wearing a mask is more about reassuring others than protecting yourself; it's a courtesy, particularly to those, like bus drivers who have a job to do which can expose them to risk. Social distancing (and hand washing) still seem to be the key - get those right and the R0 will continue to stay down.

Posted by garages2018 May 11, 02:57PM

Spot on . Social distancing and washing should come first.To me masks would be showing
you care for what is going on around us, the washing no one can see that only yourself.
Spray everything i get even news papers. Don't go out much when i do its mask,gloves and
spray. Im 68

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 11, 02:59pm by garages2018.

Posted by malumbu May 11, 03:00PM

Paper in Nature, already discussed elsewhere on this site, gave good evidence that face coverings were good at preventing symptomatic individuals passing it on, ie coughing, sneezing, or prone to spitting when talking as we all do from time to time. Otherwise views as above. Good rational stuff.

Posted by Art Deco Mark May 12, 09:19AM

Here is a shout out to the 'manager/owner' of the Palmerston Pub. I walked past just a few days ago and the side entrance into Northcross road was open and he was standing in the doorway petting his ginger cat cradled in his arms and chatting to four 'locals' sitting on the benches drinking coffee from takeaway cups on the benches immediately outside. One guy asked if it was ok to sit there to which he replied 'yes you're fine, no problem', what an idiot!! If the manager would like a photo of the incident, I would be happy to oblige but for the purposes of this forum, it would infringe on his privacy.

Posted by JohnL May 12, 09:26AM

There is a pub in Greenwich which has never closed (no names given).

Posted by PnB May 12, 11:53AM

I think it is time that pubs should open again, because if they dont soon, they never will.

Im sure there are ways they could be kept safe enough- Italy is opening their bars and restaurants next week!

Posted by PnB May 12, 01:57PM

Art Deco Mark Wrote:
> Here is a shout out to the 'manager/owner' of the
> Palmerston Pub. I walked past just a few days ago
> and the side entrance into Northcross road was
> open and he was standing in the doorway petting
> his ginger cat cradled in his arms and chatting to
> four 'locals' sitting on the benches drinking
> coffee from takeaway cups on the benches
> immediately outside. One guy asked if it was ok to
> sit there to which he replied 'yes you're fine, no
> problem', what an idiot!! If the manager would
> like a photo of the incident, I would be happy to
> oblige but for the purposes of this forum, it
> would infringe on his privacy.

There is a chap who appears to be the manager of the pub sat outside on the benches right now, drinking coffee out of crockery from the pub and from my eavesdropping discussing improvements to the pub interior. No doubt they read this forum, as when we called them out for charging £25 for a roast, they promptly dropped the price by a fiver.

Posted by fishbiscuits May 16, 10:57PM

Penguin68 Wrote:
> although most face coverings will
> partially at least protect others from you

Isn't this exactly the point? If everyone (or at least the majority) wears one then there's a pretty big benefit.

Posted by LJC04 May 17, 12:20AM

Not ED but Nunhead, we have neighbours a few doors down, who in the summer (or anytime the weather is over 16C and sunny) have parties literally every Fri, Sat and sometimes Sunday night. Most neighbors have small children but tolerate the really loud noise despite the fact it's so regular and a nightmare with young children, because they normally finish by midnight and we all don't want to complain. However the last two weekends this has started again and the amount of people present clearly are breaching lockdown rules. I really hate being that person, but should we report?

Posted by KidKruger May 17, 12:54AM

ask all your neighbours that are affected by it, rather than those who are not.

Posted by Sue May 17, 06:09PM

KidKruger Wrote:
> ask all your neighbours that are affected by it,
> rather than those who are not.

Sorry to nitpick KK, but how would you know who was and wasn't affected, unless you asked them all?

Posted by KidKruger May 17, 06:33PM

Sue Wrote:
> KidKruger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ask all your neighbours that are affected by
> it,
> > rather than those who are not.
> Sorry to nitpick KK, but how would you know who
> was and wasn't affected, unless you asked them
> all?

"Most neighbors have small children but tolerate the really loud noise despite the fact it's so regular"

How could you possibly know the above without having an idea who at least some of them are? That's how IMO.
Anyway, the point is, having specified a set of people who are not happy but tolerating, why not go and ask those affected what course to pursue rather than strangers on the internet. (and no, I can't prove that all people on the internet are strangers to the poster).

Posted by aloevera May 18, 08:02PM

LJC04 Wrote:
> Not ED but Nunhead, we have neighbours a few doors
> down, who in the summer (or anytime the weather is
> over 16C and sunny) have parties literally every
> Fri, Sat and sometimes Sunday night. Most
> neighbors have small children but tolerate the
> really loud noise despite the fact it's so regular
> and a nightmare with young children, because they
> normally finish by midnight and we all don't want
> to complain. However the last two weekends this
> has started again and the amount of people present
> clearly are breaching lockdown rules. I really
> hate being that person, but should we report?

You should report. Nevertheless, I have reported the same household about 20 times and police don't seem to bother...
I don't see the point of some people stopping their social life, while other selfish people don't care about the spread of the virus, keeping everybody in a long lasting lockdown.
Let's see how many more people has to die, it is very worrying...

Posted by LJC04 May 18, 10:09PM

Update- I did report, had a call back from police who told me I was one of many people to do so, they apparently visited the house the following day and gave them a warning. Fingers crossed...

Posted by aloevera May 19, 05:38AM

LJC04 Wrote:
> Update- I did report, had a call back from police
> who told me I was one of many people to do so,
> they apparently visited the house the following
> day and gave them a warning. Fingers crossed...

Happy to hear. Good luck.

Posted by Adidas_guy May 19, 08:10PM

This evening, about 15-17 people sitting close together (no 2m distancing) on the benches and tables outside The Palmerston drinking shop bought beers and pizza as if times were Ďnormalí...

Posted by KidKruger May 19, 08:36PM

they're spearheading the 2nd wave.

Posted by creditwheredue May 19, 09:53PM

Try visiting Rye Lane and Choumert Road, it was like someone was having a street party down there yesterday afternoon.

Posted by Buxton Spring May 20, 06:53PM

snowflakes

Posted by KidKruger May 20, 07:14PM

A bit early, itís only just summer.

Buxton Spring Wrote:
> snowflakes

Posted by stlu May 21, 12:41AM

Surely all people have you not heard of risk assessment! This is what we all have to do now. Think about your safety and expect that everyone out there that you don't know and are walking past has covid. I personally put the "walk on the left" phrase to the government weeks ago. I don't see it as a problem. Yes, we will have to cross over the road at some time but then we always do! Cyclists and joggers will pass us but if they have space to do it safely is fine. Regarding parents and children bumping in each other and having a chat on street corners, that is what they do and have always done! Give them a break and just ask them politely to move over to make way for you. No woman/man is the same and we all have our flaws. Let's just try to look out for each other and stop the constant whinging.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum