Dangerous Husky

My Sheltie was attacked by a husky in Dulwich Park on Monday 27 April at 9.30am by Queen Mary Gate. The husky wasn't on a lead, and just ran over and started mauling and biting my dog. My dog was literally screaming. My dog is now covered in bruises and bites, constantly shakes from the pain, and is completely traumatised by the whole affair. The vet said she knows of the husky, and knows that the owner can't control it. The owner laughed it off at first, and said that her husky was only playing. Having a dog in your mouth is not playing. The vet has prescribed painkillers and antibiotics. If you're walking a small dog in the park, be wary of this husky. It's owner simply cannot control it.

Hi - more info on the attack on my Sheltie. The husky was a blond husky, quite young. There were actually two blond huskies (tho only the one attacked my dog) and they may both belong to the same owner.

I'm lucky my dog is still alive.

wolseleymad Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi - more info on the attack on my Sheltie. The

> husky was a blond husky, quite young. There were

> actually two blond huskies (tho only the one

> attacked my dog) and they may both belong to the

> same owner.

> I'm lucky my dog is still alive.

Inform the police and tell them they can get more info from the vet, surely no vet worth their reputation would withhold information regarding a violent dog?

Wolseleymad

So sorry to see this, your sheltie looks as though it has sustained puncture wounds. You should try to find out if the owner of the husky is insured. I would be pursuing the owner to cover your vet fees as well as money to cover any other support you and your dog may need in future.

To correct one comment on here, there is little correlation between attacks on other dogs by dogs and on children. One does not lead to the other. The greatest danger to people/children is if they try to break up a dog fight. The overwhelming number of dog bites to children take place in the home and are generally the consequence of lack of supervision of dog and child where the child unwittingly irritates, frightens or hurts the dog.

This is not to say that a dog cannot injure a child by trying to play roughly or jumping on them in excitement, and skin can be broken by sharp nails or a tooth, by accident, and is obviously not acceptable. However, this is not the same as what is described and shown by the sheltie owner, where there are puncture wounds. This is not play in any sense of the word and the owner of this dog should be reported and will have to be instructed to keep the dog under control.

The Husky owner needs to watch for their dog hassling another dog that can actually handle itself, dishing IT it's own injuries.

Sounds like husky needs to be kept on-lead, especially now during restrictions where we don't want close contact (pulling dogs apart, checking at wounds) between owners and dogs due to infection risk.

Hi,

Thanks for all the messages. I have reported the matter to Southwark Council (and I've had a call from Ciro De Lucia) and to the police (and I should receive a follow up email soon).

I met one of the witnesses this morning and he knows the owner. She's called Hilary. The Husky is about 10 or 11 months old and is new to the family. Does anyone know who the owner is, please?

I don't know whether the dog had black bits around the eyes, sorry. It was so chaotic and I was so upset about my dog.

In fact, it was the witness who pulled the Husky off my dog. I was unable to get the Husky off, nor could I get my dog out from underneath it. The owner didn't help and I'm so grateful there was a strong guy present to control the Husky. He said he would talk to the owner, but I need to know the dog will either be muzzled or always on a lead.

This is a young, strong, untrained Husky that attacks dogs.