We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://avakitchens.co.uk

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageTrees in need of watering
Posted by Reg Smeeton May 15, 09:48PM

It has barely rained since the middle of March, and the forecast is fine for the next two weeks. Lovely for people, but not great news for young trees.

One young tree not far from me is looking extremely parched, with the leaves dry and crumbling. If you have young trees near you, do give them a bucket's worth of water this weekend.

messageRe: Trees in need of watering
Posted by Zig-Zag May 16, 01:29AM

Funnily enough I was thinking the same today. Do the council ever water Street trees?

Posted by Reg Smeeton May 16, 08:55AM

Judging from the pipes in the ground you find next to some new trees, I assume there is a tree watering service, but maybe it's been reduced during lockdown. For the time being I suggest we shouldn't rely on the Council to water the trees.

Posted by Nigello May 16, 09:36AM

You can use washing up water to water them - just add a bit more fresh water and donít use lots of liquid (and other cleaners, like bleach, is a no-no).

[www.express.co.uk]

Posted by seenbeen May 16, 02:05PM

I assumed the tube was for the residents' use as I watered the one near me ...it is lovely and big now but I was told that the new neighbours have said they want it chopped down.....duh!

Posted by womanofdulwich May 16, 05:16PM

Its never said explicitly but I think its us the residents that must look after the street trees.

Posted by Reg Smeeton May 22, 07:31AM

Still had no significant rain for weeks - do water those trees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 22, 07:40am by Reg Smeeton.

Posted by Peckhampam May 22, 08:55AM

I saw council workers watering young trees the other day.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum