We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://www.ellyallen.com/

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageBike shed/hangar in Lordship Lane - looking for people to apply with me.
Posted by LumpenProle May 17, 02:53PM

Hi Fellow cyclists.
I live on Lordship Lane near Dulwich library. I am looking for 4 people who want a place to securely park their bikes and will join me in making an application to the council for a bike shed. Please either reply to this post or pm me

messageRe: Bike shed/hangar in Lordship Lane - looking for people to apply with me.
Posted by bels123 May 18, 11:43AM

I think some were approved recently, might be worth checking with your local councillor?

messageRe: Bike shed/hangar in Lordship Lane - looking for people to apply with me.
Posted by LumpenProle May 23, 05:40AM

Hi, thanks for the advice.

Posted by Sally Eva May 24, 07:06AM

Southwark Cyclists is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. They did a lot of work on bike parking and the main campaigner wrote this which might be useful

[southwarkcyclists.org.uk]

Posted by Commuter12 May 24, 12:10PM

Hi lumpen,

2 of us here near the library on LL who are looking to get bikes very soon & would really value a hangar/shed What are the next steps ?

Posted by sand12 May 25, 03:46PM

There is a barely used bike shed on Landells road directly opposite from the plough home craft diy shop and bus stop. I think it was put in less than a year ago. You should be able to get access to it if you call the council. I never see more than 1-2 bikes in there.

Posted by Lordship_local May 26, 02:43PM

Sorry Lumpen, I'm too far from you to join your campaign - though I have requested some more around East Dulwich road.

Does anyone happen to know if/when we are getting more installed? There is a waiting list over two years long for the ones near me... Rather frustratingly, when I was chatting to someone using the sheds near my flat, I was told that the one he used (with a two year wait) had spaces that weren't used at all!

Edit: You can check which hangers have spaces here: [www.cyclehoop.rentals]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was may 26, 02:59pm by Lordship_local.

Posted by Sally Eva May 27, 09:27AM

This is a how-to guide [southwarkcyclists.org.uk] unfortunately a bit old now.

Tell your councillor and start a petition

Sally

Posted by LumpenProle Yesterday, 05:35PM

Thanks everyone for the advice. We are up to 4 people and 6 bikes . Commuter 12, I PM'd you.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum