Virgin Media Broadband down - ETA 10:05 22/5

Do try the Mobile Data trick. It really works (see my earlier message).

Edited to add that it only works on my phone. Just discovered that my iPad doesn?t even have a MobileData facility. Jk

My WFH backup is my phone data and survived a week on that back in February.

There are painful issues with the hotspot falling off after the PC goes to sleep and then not rejoining - and people moaning about the same issue way back in 2012 :(.

Using a mobile hot spot is a good idea if you have unlimited mobile data.

Otherwise if you're having a lot of conference calls or using other data heavy apps/processes you might find yourself running out pretty quickly!

chris_i Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Using a mobile hot spot is a good idea if you have

> unlimited mobile data.

>

> Otherwise if you're having a lot of conference

> calls or using other data heavy apps/processes you

> might find yourself running out pretty quickly!

Yeah - that 100GB I never use but pay for came in useful for once :) Work phone has 5GB and I suppose technically once that's gone you could ask your employer for more or work offline.

A home line is not a business line and is not guaranteed the same levels of support - I'd expect an office circuit (pt2pt or ia) to be back up in hours or a day at most - home broadband has much lower levels of service guarantee.

Yep...been using mobile hot spot since started early this morning becuase of virgin. I'm guessing that once you go over a certain amount of data on your phone your account moves down in priority even if you're happy to pay for extra MB's....as all of a sudden about 30mins ago it's basically unusable....even edf takes a while to load up!

Just got a text 10 mins ago from Virgin to say issue has been resolved. Doesn't seem to be automatically resolving itself....I'll got restart the hub and see what happens....but are others now back online?

Problems with VM in SE15 for last few days - so why does their online service status page say no issues? Does the company that promised lightening fast speed rely on pigeon post to update their status page??

Thankful for this forum!

VM mobile broadband going slow too now for those foolish enough to place all eggs in one basket :(

ed_pete how did you find out about this?

There's still nothing on the VM service status page for me if I log in, is there for anyone else? Where you given a reference number. Can't face going through its 'help'line.

Apparently the reason cable broadband is so unreliable around ED is that there's so much 1st generation cable equipment. It's been cobbled together with newer stuff so it takes engineers ages to find out where on the network the faults are.

Mine's been down since this morning. Origianally was showing expected fix at 16:00, now showing 10.05 tomorow morning.

Went into office to work :-(

After the prblems following my "upgrade" to the Hub 3 I think it is time to change to a provide that may have lower advertised speeds but is more reliable and whose wifi router has a range of more than 3 meters!