We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

http://www.ellyallen.com/

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: Virgin Media Broadband down - ETA 10:05 22/5
Posted by JohnL May 22, 01:02PM

You can blame any slurred speech in meetings on Virgin Media smiling smiley

Posted by Adidas_guy May 22, 04:40PM

The green metal cabinet on Overhill road has had its doors open for at least 10 days. Large notice inside clearly indicates itís to do with VM. Loads of cables that anyone could pull out.

Posted by rollflick May 23, 11:00AM

Just spoken to Virgin and there's a "utilisation outage" in the Bellenden area that started at 7.15pm on 27 April and is due to be fixed by the 24th... OF SEPTEMBER. FFS.

This is likely to affect up to 250 properties and is the result of human error. Despite this, Virgin Service Status still shows "No known issues" for broadband. My router speed data shows issues since 16 April and with no broadband at all the last few days. On top of this we have a weak line apparently too but getting an engineer round on Friday.

Besides Virgin's website breaking down a lot this week (if they can't even run a website, no wonder they can't provide reliable broadband), strongly advise anyone to avoid the text 'service', it's a total waste of (a lot of) time.

The only good news is that Openreach will be installing here fibre soon (can't get more than 2Mb/s on the phone line).

Posted by richard tudor May 23, 12:48PM

When will this happen re broadband when I have spoken to BT they say there are no plans for many years yet for thus. If you get a honest Service Agent you hear the truth. My BT broadband is almost non existant.

Posted by fmcgibbs May 23, 02:16PM

Anyone on Bellenden Road that has good BT fibre - we're about to move across from Virgin as we've had enough of the issues of constant drop outs (been going on for over a year now), the recent outages have been the last straw.

Bt have said they have fibre available in the area but just interested to see if anyone on Bellenden / Choumert / Chadwick has it and if it performs well

thanks all

Posted by sally buying May 23, 02:40PM

I am on Chadwick and do not BT fibre and as Richard Tudor has said find a honest customer Service agent and they will tell you Chadwick does not have it and it is not planned for a long time.

I hope you are right

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum