We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageRoyal Mail deliveries
Posted by Annie5 May 21, 05:22PM

Has anyone had any issues with mail not arriving? My brother sent a parcel from Wales last Friday and it has still not arrived ...... Just wondered if there is a general back-log at the moment ......

messageRe: Royal Mail deliveries
Posted by AylwardS May 21, 06:02PM

Cllr Renata Hamvas posted on this thread [www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk] yesterday that she was waiting to hear back on the current impact of staff sickness.

Posted by Annie5 May 21, 06:15PM

Thank you AylwardS - that has put my mind at ease, at least I can look forward to my parcel arriving eventually smiling smiley

Posted by mynamehere May 21, 06:28PM

I'm also waiting without word for a delivery.

Posted by xapis85 May 21, 06:35PM

We've had things taking an average of 7-10 days after posting if that helps!
Not just a local issue though. My auntie posted two identical packages from same post office to grandchildren at the same address and they arrived 6 days apart!

Posted by Ace77 May 21, 09:40PM

We constantly get post for the same house number in a nearby street, I've mentioned this to the postman who blamed it on the sorting office.

Posted by singalto May 22, 01:42PM

I thought the posties did the sorting...

Posted by Renata Hamvas May 22, 04:01PM

I have tried again and the manager hasn't called back yet. I do know post is taking up to 7 weeks and is not arriving in the time order it's sent in.

Posted by Sue May 22, 04:04PM

Renata Hamvas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have tried again and the manager hasn't called
> back yet. I do know post is taking up to 7 weeks
> and is not arriving in the time order it's sent
> in.

So how is this going to affect Covid-19 home testing kits, which have to be used within the first few days of symptoms to be effective?

The completed test samples are collected by courier, but I assume the kit is sent out by post?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 22, 04:05pm by Sue.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum