Police On Upland Road

It would seem that the incident happened near the junction of Darrell Road and Upland Road.

It was between 05.00 - 06.00 am this morning..

According to a local Resident, there seemed to of been much Commotion around that time.

DulwichFox

tomskip Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How nasty and shocking to hear of a stabbing on

> the doorstep.

>

> Meanwhile, is it helpful to anyone to say that the

> correct grammar is "could have, would have, should

> have", not "could of, would of, should of"

>

> ?

Interesting- the reason why 'could have' etc turned, incorrectly, into 'could of' is because of the use of the contraction...'could've' which sounds like 'could of'.....anyway...sad times for everyone

Maybe the person who was stabbed was breaking and entering and the police feel the people who injured him did so in self defence and are not a threat to any other members of the public. The Southwark News report says the couple who were arrested had reported "forced entry and assault". Who knows? this is just my reading of the story.

No mention of arrest of the man who allegedly

broke into the house and assaulted the couple?

Hopefully at some point we will know the full story ....

I have a feeling that there is more to this than meets the eye, but who knows ....

Callie Wrote:

> How can someone arrested for attempted murder and

> the other for gbh be released on bail? Surely not?

Aren't the rules for bail completely separate to the crime committed - I forget. About likelihood to abscond or commit another offence etc.

EDmummy Wrote:

> Does anyone know how the victim is?

The newspaper report says his injuries are not life-threatening, so hopefully he is OK.

Just to let any one know. The Victims are the couple that live in the house

Not the one trying to get into it. If someone even knocks on your door at 5.00

you got ask your self,WHY,WHO, and risk if opening door. Did he break in time will

tell.