Royal Mail delivery

I sent a greetings card to a friend in ED from ND last Thursday morning by first class post and they received it today.

Then again, during the past few months I've regularly sent the same to Birmingham and Nottingham and they get it the next day.

It must be something to do with your local sorting office.

I switched my banks and credit card statements to online so all I get is the transfer offers through the post - but there's less of them now.

No letters this week and I used to get loads (mostly junk mail).

The post in ED seems to be noticeably worse than in surrounding areas. I had a friend in Pimlico send a package both to me, and to a friend in West Norwood at the same time on Weds (First Class). The West Norwood package arrived promptly yesterday. The post has just come here, and there's still no sign of mine (just something from Thames Water).

I've had packages sent to me from Liverpool and from Manchester last Tuesday (26th May), neither of which have arrived over 10 days later.

What can we do about this ???

I wouldn't have noticed because no one in our household is waiting on anything really. But I can tell you that I was scheduled for an MRI for last Tuesday (notified via text) and recieved the notification of the appointment yesterday (2 days AFTER the appointment). This is my experience, so yes, it looks as though things are a bit delayed by a good amount of time as I've always received the appointment letter 1-2 weeks in advance of the appointment.

Had a chat with our postman today. He said the volume is sky-high as everyone is ordering things for delivery, and, he thought that about 30% of staff is out either with Covid or isolating. He was told to grab as many parcels as he could today to get them out -- there is a massive stack of backlog.