We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.hensonsecurity.com

http://avakitchens.co.uk

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
messageRe: Royal Mail delivery
Posted by mlteenie July 01, 04:45PM

We seem to be receiving post pretty daily, as normal.

Posted by Bic Basher July 02, 02:50PM

4 days of deliveries so far this week. We may have reached a turning point.

Posted by Penguin68 July 02, 05:50PM

4 days of deliveries so far this week. We may have reached a turning point.

No deliveries at all this week - but 6 last week. It's time for a turning point (I used to get 2-3 items a day delivered, back in the Sylvester Road days!)

Posted by Bic Basher July 06, 06:16PM

I had post every day last week and one today, but one magazine is late.

Posted by CrunchB July 09, 06:59AM

One letter in a single day but magazine subscriptions are almost a week late

Posted by Popsie July 09, 10:19AM

Lynne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The post got far far worse after the closure of
> Sylvester Rd. I didn't have many problems before
> then

Me too, and the posties at Sylvester Road Sorting Office knew its closure would put pressure on the service. The posties are working their socks off, but now we are down to just Peckham sorting office, it must be massively overwhelmed, what with staff shortages due to Covid.
My post in SE22 is kind of weekly, and they are clearly trying to prioritise the post - magazines, for example, are at least a week late. Personally, I think they are doing a great job to keep the service running.

Posted by ianr July 09, 03:57PM

axaxi wrote on 8 July at 10:44pm
---------------------------------
> I've received post this week on Wednesday

Where would that have been? Florida, Turkey, Nigeria, ...?

-----

Patience rewarded. My Private Eye's just arrived, eight days late.

Posted by bob July 09, 04:45PM

Received post on Tuesday one letter dated 9 June.
Bob S

Posted by Siduhe July 09, 05:05PM

We haven't received anything for the last 7 days - guessing our postie is on hols. However, it's meant we've had to cancel a replacement bank card which was sent out 10 days ago, in case it's actually gone missing. The problem is that there's no obvious way to avoid having to do this next time either, assuming it takes as long again.

Posted by Bic Basher July 09, 06:59PM

No post on Tuesday or Wednesday this week, but purchased something on Tuesday, posted Wednesday and arrived today.

Posted by creditwheredue July 09, 07:04PM

Had none for a week then a whole pile today, mainly eBay recorded deliveries some posted three weeks ago.

Posted by July 10, 02:58PM

I spoke to my local postie today. He says seven members of his team are still away from work due to lockdown. He said he tends to deliver letters one day and the increasing number of parce!s the next. He says all his colleagues are working very hard during this difficult time.

Regards

Councillor Charlie Smith
Goose Green Ward Member

Posted by JohnL July 10, 03:12PM

My Postie delivering a bike part called me by my first name today - OK it's on my letters but I thought rather nice smiling smiley

Posted by ianr July 10, 03:59PM

Meanwhile ... "Royal Mail fined £1.5m for missing 2018/19 delivery target" (91.5% < 93%) [www.ofcom.org.uk]

Posted by sjsl July 10, 06:18PM

We've obviously been luckier on our patch, no problems, and a card I posted at 5.30 reached my sister in Aberdeenshire the next day which was pretty impressive I thought.

Posted by EPB July 10, 06:52PM

Last week we posted two packages to different addresses in the Midlands at the Lordship Lane post office. One of them reached its destination the following morning. There’s still no sign of the other one.

Posted by siousxiesue July 11, 09:48AM

I got post today!

Thought that wasn't happening any more...

Posted by singalto July 12, 05:29PM

My dad sent me a birthday card by 1st class post last Monday. He lives in North London. I have still not received it!

Posted by Spartacus July 13, 11:40AM

I'm not sure if I can blame the royal mail or the charities involved but during lockdown I've adopted a Tiger, 2 Donkeys and a huddle of Penguins and not one of them has arrived through the post yet.

The smell in the sorting office must be driving the staff mad by now !

Posted by AD July 13, 12:03PM

Still awaiting some late Mid may deliveries, people on our road received some early May deliveries last week so I live in hope.

Posted by courgette July 22, 12:14PM

It does seem to be hit and miss when our post will be delivered

Posted by savvygirl July 23, 11:01AM

My post is delivered from the Forest Hill depot and I've had no problems at all. Always arrives around 10am. So all credit to them. I'm sure Covid has affected a lot businesses locally and we need to support them as much as we can. Just wear a mask and keep a safe distance and if you can't get out or are shielding, possibly some local shops will do home deliveries. It may be worth checking with them. Payment of course has to be by card as no cash can be handled.

Posted by JohnL July 23, 04:18PM

My letter (snail) mail has petered out to very little as I've moved all financial stuff online as I had boxes of old letters that are just killing trees. Insurance and household bills mostly moved too.

I still get the occasional banking letter and ones from council/property/work etc.

My deliveries are always on time.

Posted by Lynne August 07, 09:32AM

I took up Boddles suggestion and wrote to Helen Hayes and she's been very helpful. She's got me a letter of apology from the PO, which means at the least that they've been made aware. They, of course, are blaming it all on the current crisis, which we can understand would be disruptive. But they aren't admitting (or indeed mentioning) the closing of Sylvestor Rd and the obvious disruption this caused. Presumably badly planned and executed.

Posted by MaryT August 07, 02:28PM

Yes Lynne, I also wrote to Helen Hayes and got a similar response from Royal Mail off the back of it. Since starting this thread, I'm still not getting my mail regularly; I get nothing for ages and then a big pile delivered all at once. This included a new bank card which I'd given up on ever receiving and which, by then, I'd already reported to my bank as lost in transit. I do not buy the excuse that the mail disruption is all down to Covid. If it were, all neighbourhoods would have the same problem, but they don't! I'm in no doubt that this is to do with the closing of the East Dulwich sorting office. Residents objected to this at the time and were ignored by Royal Mail. I'd therefore encourage everyone to keep raising this with their MP and local Councillors!

Posted by ctovey August 07, 06:15PM

We get our post from Camberwell sorting office. When our regular postie is on, we have no problems. But if he is off, as he has been this week, we're lucky to get post once or twice a week at most.

Posted by Chunx August 08, 04:27PM

I know its horrific had small item ordered end of June should have been delivered within 3 days, didnt arrive after 2 weeks - replacement sent, still no sight of after couple of weeks, lots of emails to vendor and calls to sorting office. No resolution so 2nd replacement sent track and trace sign for. This to sign for was popped in my letter box within 48hrs, earlier this week, along with the one postmarked June 30. Then 2 days later the 1st replacement arrived. I now have the inconvenience of retuning the extras. Then today an item not expected til mid Sept from far east arrived by Non Royal Mail delivery. Go figure I think the Royal Mail for Dulwich is In a right royal mess.

Posted by jackz August 19, 09:50AM

Nothing in over 2 weeks off silvester road

Posted by intexasatthe moment August 24, 03:32PM

I spoke to a postwoman on Barry Road today .She was delivering parcels . She said, with great embarrassment ,that there should be a mail delivery in the road tomorrow ,Tuesday .She said "I know it's awful ".

Posted by Penguin68 August 24, 04:48PM

Nothing in over 2 weeks off silvester road

The irony!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum