We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.fabbeautelondon.com

http://avakitchens.co.uk

www.circlepsychologypartners.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
messageRe: Royal Mail delivery
Posted by pecksniff September 12, 12:14PM

Spoke to Postie yesterday whilst walking up Chesterfield Grove about postal delays. They mentioned being assigned for the next fortnight to clear some of the backlog.

Posted by tomskip September 12, 12:23PM

Received a card for my son yesterday, to congratulate him on his GCSE results! It was posted first class in East Sussex more than 3 weeks ago.

Posted by JRK September 12, 01:54PM

We haven't had any post since Monday and I have parcel's missing from over a month ago. Feeling rather helpless!

Posted by dulwichquine September 13, 01:59PM

We finally received our missing parcels, too. Still missing a letter.

Posted by tomskip September 14, 11:57AM

Two parcels squeezed through the letter box this morning (we were at home). 1 posted on 1st Sept, 1 posted on 2nd Sept. I consider that to be really poor. When is it going to improve?

Posted by landellsroad2018 September 15, 09:57AM

Have just caught up with this thread and got some comfort in knowing it isn't just us feeling totally infuriated, but wondering what we can do to get our post... In terms of 'normal' post, is it possible to collect that from somewhere ourselves, or can you only do that with parcels? I know for a fact we are missing a whole stack of cards and letters because my partner hasn't received his 3rd September birthday cards (that I know were sent on time)!!!

Posted by AD September 15, 11:54AM

Has anyone attempted to go to the sorting office and ask for their post? I am thinking this might be my only option.

I have been told a few times by RM parcel delivery folk (not my deliveries but by grabbing the person as the van parked nearby) that the back log of post are all in large trolleys sorted by road which are continually increasing.

Just a thought, it may be a futile exercise however.

Posted by Bic Basher September 16, 01:16PM

A magazine due last Wednesday arrived on Monday afternoon. No post since.

Posted by landellsroad2018 September 16, 01:30PM

We had our once-a-week post this morning (which included 2-weeks late birthday cards) and I managed to speak to the postwoman. She assured me that late post would never be destroyed and would be delivered eventually, and that all post is sorted at the Peckham depot no matter how big or small. However, she didn't seem to know whether you can go and collect it yourself without one of those 'we missed you' slips...

Posted by PSJ September 17, 03:18PM

It is very frustrating. I've had orders arrive within 2 days, but orders from a week before are still missing.

Posted by KalamityKel September 17, 11:18PM

We're still awaiting packages from 31st Aug... im thinking they might turn up by Christmas...2022

Posted by kiera September 18, 12:26AM

I'm wondering whether late packages will ever be delivered or whether they'll be returned to sender.
An online company had posted an item to me on 26th August. When I eventually contacted the sender, they took lost post action because of the length of time it was taking to reach me, They replaced the item, which I had to ask them not to send by Royal Mail. I received the replacement the next day because I paid for it to be sent by courier. I've not received the original, which presumably should now not be delivered to me but should be returned to sender.
Given how many undelivered packages they have, I wonder whether the delivery office will actually go to the extra trouble of sorting through them all to separate out the ones which need to be returned to sender.

Posted by Lynne September 18, 09:22AM

Post, including bank statements just left on porch yesterday. Anyone feeling like trying an identity fraud would have been in clover

Posted by dulwichquine September 18, 10:07AM

Woohoo - just got our wedding anniversary card, three weeks and two days after it was posted from Barnes. Unbelievable. Still waiting on birthday cards. Wonder if we should tell our friends and family to start posting Christmas cards in November.

Posted by ED - NAGAIUTB September 18, 10:37AM

Had a postie knock on the door twice in 10 minutes yesterday with parcels, after going down to Peckham last week and being told there were no parcels waiting to be delivered.
3 parcels in total. 2 items that were duplicates as the retailer resent it after the original going awol and the 3rd was a duplicate of another parcel received 2 days before.

Posted by PSJ September 19, 10:13AM

Just spoke to our Postperson. They said there's a big push at the moment, that a delay of 2 weeks isn't unusual still but they expect things to be mostly back to near normal by Wednesday.

Posted by mac4 September 19, 10:36AM

We've must been very fortunate in the Colyton Rd area. I haven't noticed any particular postal delays over the last four months. For example I ordered 4 items online from different suppliers last Sun, Mon and Tues and the first arrived last Wed, the rest on Thurs and Fri. All of them Royal Mail second class.

Posted by siousxiesue September 19, 06:57PM

I'm wondering if any investigations can be prompted, I don't know whether anyone has officially complained? I'm still waiting for birthday cards too, no biggie.

I posted a small parcel to Brighton and it was received the next day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was september 19, 06:57pm by siousxiesue.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum