We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://avakitchens.co.uk

https://www.gokayfitness.com/3-months-body-transformation

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
messageRe: Royal Mail delivery
Posted by Bic Basher September 24, 02:06PM

Today I received post from last Thursday, so it looks like they've still got a week's backlog to clear.

Posted by Langdale September 24, 08:17PM

I've just received two anniversary cards which were sent over three weeks and postmarked 2/9/20 from Epsom and Ewell. My mother was very upset that they hadn't arrived and it's really frustrating that both cards were first class. It's just not worth paying out for first class stamps anymore. Fifth rate service -appalling.

Posted by intexasatthe moment September 24, 08:57PM

It's bad . I have an irate 80 year old acquaintance endlessly phoning me to ask if his letter has arrived .

What exactly has caused the problem ? What can we do ??

Posted by Sue September 24, 09:25PM

intexasatthe moment Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's bad . I have an irate 80 year old
> acquaintance endlessly phoning me to ask if his
> letter has arrived .
>
> What exactly has caused the problem ? What can we
> do ??

Closing the Sylvester Road delivery office caused the problem.

Nothing we can do now. Some of us - and Helen Hayes - tried to do something at the time, but all water under the bridge now.

Posted by another annie September 24, 09:45PM

Trouble is if we're getting some letters, we don't know/suspect what might be getting held up. We thought our deliveries weren't too bad, then today my partner received a hospital appointment he has been waiting for. Trouble is, the appointment was more than a week ago. The letter from Kings was posted on 9th September. So, more waiting and worrying for him, and a wasted appointment at the hospital.

Posted by intexasatthe moment September 25, 08:32AM

Sue or anyone else - I agree but then I think why did it cause such a big problem ? Were lots of staff redeployed /got rid of ?

Is there lack of space and /or organisational skills in the Peckham office ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was september 25, 08:33am by intexasatthe moment.

Posted by intexasatthe moment September 25, 08:41AM

another annie - that's awful ,I'm sorry . Make sure that the clinic/hospital has a phone number for you .Which hopefully they'll use .

Posted by another annie September 25, 12:24PM

Thanks, good idea! We'll check that.

Posted by yummumbums September 25, 03:41PM

Just received a parcel today posted first class on 10/7/20

Posted by Sue September 25, 07:01PM

another annie Wrote:
> Trouble is if we're getting some letters, we don't
> know/suspect what might be getting held up. We
> thought our deliveries weren't too bad, then today
> my partner received a hospital appointment he has
> been waiting for. Trouble is, the appointment was
> more than a week ago. The letter from Kings was
> posted on 9th September. So, more waiting and
> worrying for him, and a wasted appointment at the
> hospital.

That's really awful.

Many departments text as well as sending a letter. I've had the same happen, but luckily I had also been sent a text. I don't know why they don't all do it, even my hairdresser reminds me when I have an appointment due!

Posted by Sue September 25, 07:03PM

intexasatthe moment Wrote:
> Sue or anyone else - I agree but then I think why
> did it cause such a big problem ? Were lots of
> staff redeployed /got rid of ?
>
> Is there lack of space and /or organisational
> skills in the Peckham office ?

I suspect it's poor management. But obviously Covid won't have helped, plus we've just gone through the holiday season.

There has been a lot of previous discussion about it on here, I seem to recall, but I can't now remember what it said.

I do remember that at one point my then postie said to me something along the lines of "You don't know the half of what's happening down there" (ie at the Peckham office).

Posted by gabys1st September 26, 12:30AM

A week from Chadwick Rd surgery to5 mins walkaway

Posted by intexasatthe moment September 26, 09:20AM

Could the difficulties be something to do with posties travelling from further away ie Peckham to get to their delivery area ie East Dulwich ?

How do they travel ? Is the extra time it must take allowed for ?

Posted by muser September 26, 01:27PM

You may be interested in my latest blog:

[www.miko-greetings.com]

Posted by northernmonkey September 28, 01:16PM

its strange isn't it -we are lucky and get the majority of our post - subscriptions are now arriving weekly, but then every now and again we get something with a huge delay on it so its not a reliable service for us.

Posted by KidKruger September 30, 01:39PM

Ouch !
I recently received what looks like a summons for court for what appears to be not filling-in and returning a form requesting 'name and address of driver' from Met Police.
I never received any form from the Met, so it took me a while to figure out what this is about.
I had a collision with a cyclist in Peckham and we went through the insurance route and the case is I think now all but closed, so my details are know by all parties.
But I never received any form from the Met and am now having to go to court to plead !
I feel like I've been blindsided, but this could mean penalty points on my licence !
Anyone had experience of this or have advice ?

Posted by Bic Basher September 30, 03:06PM

I don't know what hold Amazon have over the Royal Mail, but a package sent by them via the post which was posted on yesterday arrived today along with a magazine.

A pack of razors which were posted also using Royal Mail 24 ten days ago still haven't arrived, nor Private Eye, which I ended up picking up in Sainsbury's.

Posted by Lowlander September 30, 03:08PM

KidKruger Wrote:
> Ouch !
> I recently received what looks like a summons for
> court for what appears to be not filling-in and
> returning a form requesting 'name and address of
> driver' from Met Police.
> I never received any form from the Met, so it took
> me a while to figure out what this is about.
> I had a collision with a cyclist in Peckham and we
> went through the insurance route and the case is I
> think now all but closed, so my details are know
> by all parties.
> But I never received any form from the Met and am
> now having to go to court to plead !
> I feel like I've been blindsided, but this could
> mean penalty points on my licence !
> Anyone had experience of this or have advice ?

Is it a summons? I would get in touch with Helen Hayes straightaway, I imagine if it went to court they would be sympathetic given the well-documented issues.

Also, complain to Royal Mail (I did at the beginning of the month), they'll write to you acknowledging the issues which again is in your favour.

Good luck

Posted by Pugwash September 30, 05:34PM

We opened our door at 8 30 am today and were surprised to see post!

Posted by intexasatthe moment September 30, 05:58PM

I don't understand what is causing the problem .It would help me to know ,even though that knowledge probably wouldn't solve the issue of late/no delivery .

Posted by KidKruger September 30, 08:09PM

Thanks.

I've filled-in the Plea Form and declared not guilty and attached a note explaining issues in SE22 with post.
I also indicated this thread on EDF and suggested they have a look, because it could be affecting their comms with their 'defendants'.

Lowlander Wrote:

> Is it a summons? I would get in touch with Helen
> Hayes straightaway, I imagine if it went to court
> they would be sympathetic given the
> well-documented issues.
>
> Also, complain to Royal Mail (I did at the
> beginning of the month), they'll write to you
> acknowledging the issues which again is in your
> favour.
>
> Good luck

Posted by Bic Basher October 02, 11:33AM

Two weeks later and my remaining parcels have arrived. Still no Private Eye.

Posted by KalamityKel October 03, 09:40AM

I had an item expected for next day delivery from August turn up yesterday. It's looking hopeful for 2022! winking smiley

Posted by yummumbums October 03, 12:01PM

Again just had a parcel arrive this morning posted first class on 3/9/20. Although it was sent by Royal Mail it appeared to be delivered by another company unless Royal Mail have changed their uniform to black and royal blue. so maybe they are hiring in people to deal with the back log. Iím still missing lots of things! I send anything important by UPS or Hermes at the moment as they seem more reliable than the mail.

Posted by Bic Basher October 07, 04:26PM

It's not just ED suffering postal issues, the good people of Crystal Palace have also had delayed deliveries.

[www.mylondon.news]

Posted by Bic Basher October 08, 01:38PM

While the last Private Eye never arrived, the latest edition arrived one day late.

Posted by dimples October 10, 11:11PM

Two purchases that Iíve bought from the same seller havenít arrived to me . The first one was 16/09/2020 and the second 1/10/2020 both tracked and because the first one didnít arrive the second one requested me to sign for . The seller received the proof I signed but I didnít nor did I receive the item .
I have asked all my neighbours and no one has taken it in plus the signature I believe has to be done by the postman because of corona virus .
Iíve reported it to the sorting office , the seller can claim but this really worries me as who know what else has gone missing ??
I donít know what to do ?

Posted by DulwichBorn&Bred October 12, 03:06PM

Iíve been opening my front door to find parcels just sat on the doorstep waiting to be stolen as the postman didnít knock. I only knew I got an email twice to say my parcel has been delivered!

Posted by Lowlander October 12, 08:44PM

After complaining to Royal Mail and letting Helen Hayes MP know a month ago I had a deluge of letters ad parcels. Deliveries became a bit better for a while.

I'm now waiting for two parcels posted end-September...by Wednesday it'll be ten working days and the sender can get their money back. So can I, but from now on i'll make every effort to avoid delivery by Royal Mail...

And the tragedy is that the Royal Mail staff are most like treated better than DHL etc., and it's not their fault...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was october 12, 08:45pm by Lowlander.

Posted by intexasatthe moment October 13, 08:43AM

That's interesting Lowlander .I wonder how it works -

"here lads Mr Lowlander of 123 East Dulwich Residence has complained.
All hands on deck to extract his post ."

Makes no sense .Lots of individual complaints result in the complainer getting their backlog . And ( no criticism of you Lowlander ) while Peckham sorting office looking for the complainers post ,are they diverted from normal work ?

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum