Parking fine on Gowlett Road

I got a ?165 fine for parking outside my house on Gowlett Road today. Anyone else know anything about this? I didn't even know we were supposed to have permits. Been here a year without any problem and never received a letter from the council saying otherwise. Anyone else in the same boat?

MJRealDavies Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I got a ?165 fine for parking outside my house on

> Gowlett Road today. Anyone else know anything

> about this? I didn't even know we were supposed to

> have permits. Been here a year without any problem

> and never received a letter from the council

> saying otherwise. Anyone else in the same boat?

I would say you were just unlucky, see below

Dear Mr Tudor

Thank you for your email.

The parking restrictions in the borough have remained in place. However, due to the coronavirus lockdown period, enforcement action has been focused in this time on dangerous parking rather than against unpermitted parking.

With the development of lockdown advice, enforcement action against unpermitted vehicles will be resuming shortly

Regards

Councillor Richard Livingstone

Labour councillor for Old Kent Road ward

Cabinet Member for Environment, Transport and the Climate Emergency

Siduhe Wrote:

> Foxy, you do know that's a spoof video, right? ;-)

Everyone seems quite happy with it. Maybe the Mayor will make it so.

Anyway surely ?165 is the full fine and you pay half that ?

Siduhe Wrote:

> Foxy, you do know that's a spoof video, right? ;-)

Is it. ???

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street

If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat

If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat

If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

Cos I'm the Taxman Yeah Yeah I'm the Taxman..

Foxy

We're on Ondine Rd and got a letter Jan/Feb time. Permits had to be bought before the start date of 31st March I recall. Long posts on here of people struggling to get their permits through but got there in the end. It apparently did start on that date but wasn't enforced, and then through the grapevine I heard it was going to start to be enforced 3rd June. I believe warning letters were supposed to come before fines as it's a new thing. The signs have been up on the lamposts for months showing there were restrictions coming.

(I emailed them to ask if we'd all get an extra 2 months tagged onto our permits and got a no).

Ahhh I knew nothing of it. Must have missed my address off the letters and I've been shielding since March so haven't even seeing the signs but looking out my window now I can see them down the street. Very frustrating, would have been nice to put a warning on the care first of all.

Perhaps you can try to appeal - did you have a warning note? (though you could claim how were you supposed to see one on your car when you're sheilding and not going out). The signs did go up before lockdown though - they were covered in black bin liners which were taken off leading up to 31st March.

I think you might have a chance to appeal, especially if you didn't get a letter or warning....

https://www.southwark.gov.uk/health-and-wellbeing/public-health/for-the-public/coronavirus/impact-on-council-services/coronavirus-parking-restrictions-and-controlled-parking-zones

Parking enforcement changes from 26 May 2020

As more motorists are taking to the roads as lockdown eases, the council is slowly re-introducing some restrictions which were relaxed during the lockdown period:

- we will begin issuing warning notices to vehicles parked in Pay and Display and Residents Bays from Tuesday 26 May 2020

- resident permits will not be recognised in neighbouring CPZs and residents must ensure that their vehicle is parked correctly within the zone where their resident permit is valid

- housing estates continue to be enforced as usual to ensure continued access for waste and emergency services

- vehicles are not being removed but a small amount of relocations may take place if they are causing an obstruction

Parking enforcement changes from 3 June 2020

From Wednesday 3 June 2020 parking enforcement across the borough will resume and we will begin issuing Penalty Charge Notices for all contraventions. However, key worker virtual permits will continue to remain in place until 30 June 2020.

Peckham West CPZ

Parking enforcement in the Peckham West CPZ will follow the changes taking place from 26 May, however warning notices will be issued for a two week period. Penalty Charge Notices will be issued to vehicles found in contravention from Wednesday 10 June 2020. Residents are asked to follow the restrictions and ensure that they have a valid permit for their vehicle to ensure they do not receive a fine.

MJRealDavies Wrote:

> I got a ?165 fine for parking outside my house on

> Gowlett Road today. Anyone else know anything

> about this? I didn't even know we were supposed to

> have permits. Been here a year without any problem

> and never received a letter from the council

> saying otherwise. Anyone else in the same boat?

I think the PCN rises to ?165 gradually if you don't pay it. When was it issued?