We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.veganplates.co.uk

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageWhat is with all the noise in ED recently?!
Posted by Ronnijade June 25, 12:02AM

Seems like this hot weather is bringing out the inconsiderate morons again. Currently laying in my bed listening to someone on Hillcourt Road having a garden party and playing loud music, and I have to be up for work in four hours. Such selfish behaviour, especially in the middle of the week. Iíve just had to close my window to try and get some peace and as you can imagine my room is boiling as it is! Please be considerate!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was june 25, 12:03am by Ronnijade.

messageRe: What is with all the noise in ED recently?!
Posted by KidKruger June 25, 12:22AM

shout out the window Ronnie what's the problem FFS

Posted by creditwheredue June 25, 12:43AM

Motorbikes, the noise they make seems to hang around for ages, Iím sure I can hear a bike make a journey from Goose Green to the South Circular

Posted by Peckhampam June 25, 07:37AM

There are people on my road who play a booming bass during beautiful sunny days who make it impossible to enjoy the garden. KidKruger, asking doesn't help if they just don't care.

Posted by woodland June 25, 09:13AM

Feel your pain - there is a house on Cannonbie road that seems to have constant garden parties. Loud music and loud drunk people talking till all hours. They even brought out a didgeridoo last summer for an hour or so. I asked them to be quiet and they told me where to go. Pleasant people that they are.

Posted by JohnL June 25, 09:44AM

I used to shout at people to "SHUT UP" from my balcony but as my voice is like Windsor Davies it just woke everyone else up who wasn't already awake - so I stopped.

Posted by JohnL June 25, 10:03AM

Just saw what happened in Brixton last night - not sure if that would create issues in ED/Herne Hill/Peckham

[twitter.com]

Posted by Ronnijade June 25, 01:00PM

Sure it wasnít you KidKruger? That was an awful aggressive post you just made there!

Posted by Lordship_local June 25, 01:02PM

On that note - does anyone know why there are so many helicopters going around?

I'd swear most nights past 12 there is one hovering about. They can't all be going to the hospital, surely?

Posted by Penguin68 June 25, 01:47PM

A hot summer with open windows is a burglar's paradise. I suspect the overhead surveillance may be about that.

Posted by KidKruger June 25, 09:47PM

Nah not intentionally Ronnie, just saying get yer boots on and verbalise with the mofos.

Ronnijade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure it wasnít you KidKruger? That was an awful
> aggressive post you just made there!

Posted by Ronnijade June 25, 10:56PM

As a young woman I wouldnít exactly feel safe starting trouble with a garden full of people who clearly have no respect for others?

Posted by Spartacus June 25, 11:27PM

Wait till Saturday the 4th when pubs reopen and the streets will be filled by drunk noisy revellers 😱

Posted by Ronnijade June 25, 11:34PM

Yeah, Iíll be one of them lmao.

Posted by JohnL June 26, 09:30AM

Not this Saturday - and the pubs effectively mean you have to book. I see a damp squib and disappointment.

So no pub hopping - isn't that the fun. It'll be like NYE where you're stuck in one pub with once a year drinkers smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was june 26, 09:33am by JohnL.

Posted by bingobongo June 28, 07:44PM

HORRIBLE!!!HOW CAN YOU BEAR IT!!! Change of lifestyle sounds essential to me! How about "Van Life", or a "Tiny House" in the countryside? So much stress must be bad for your health.

Posted by JohnL June 29, 08:34AM

bingobongo Wrote:
"Tiny House" in the countryside"

Current UK version of "little house on the Prairie"

Posted by bingobongo June 29, 09:44PM

Well. a cheap van would be better. You could park it somewhere quiet every evening. Having the same gasply neighbours every night, seems like a very bad idea to me...

Posted by Ronnijade June 30, 05:04AM

bingobongo..... you donít agree that having a loud garden party that went on until about 3am mid week is a bit much? shut up with your weird passive aggressive sarcasm.

Posted by rahrahrah June 30, 07:33AM

The idea that if you donít like people playing loud music into the early hours in a residential area then you should Ďget a lifeí, or Ďmove to the countryí is ridiculous. Better advice would be, if you canít live considerately alongside others, you shouldnít be living in a city.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was june 30, 07:34am by rahrahrah.

Posted by JohnL June 30, 09:31AM

rahrahrah Wrote:
> The idea that if you donít like people playing
> loud music into the early hours in a residential
> area then you should Ďget a lifeí, or Ďmove to the
> countryí is ridiculous. Better advice would be, if
> you canít live considerately alongside others, you
> shouldnít be living in a city.

There's noises in the country too - cows, birds, tractors and teenagers live in the country too (they just have their parties in a rural rather than urban setting)

Posted by Sue June 30, 11:00AM

JohnL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------
>
> There's noises in the country too - cows, birds,
> tractors and teenagers live in the country too
> (they just have their parties in a rural rather
> than urban setting)

Having lived in both town and country, I would rather hear owls hooting - and the occasional sound of small animals screaming as the owls catch them - than some of the avoidable noises in the early hours round here ....

Tractors don't tend to be out at night, on the whole, nor cows moo ...

And teenagers tend to meet up with their mates in the towns/villages, not in the middle of the countryside ....

Posted by nina_maniana July 01, 05:57PM

Iím probably not with the consensus here but tend to think the sound of people having fun is just par for the course in city life. I like living in a mixed urban neighbourhood, iíve tried living in quieter areas and itís dull. Earplugs are cheap and totally effective xx

Posted by nina_maniana July 01, 05:59PM

Also i think the loud party was a wake. Which probably explains the midweek timing. Often when you think people are just being inconsiderate @-holes you find out thereís another explanation.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum