Tessa Jowell GP Surgery Phone lines not workingq

Has anyone else had problems getting through to the new Tessa Jowell GP Surgery? I have called endlessly for days now to make an appointment. You are greeted by an answer machine that implies you are in a queue and then after a while it just disconnects.

Has anyone else got a number or is anyone from the Surgery on here that can advise? I would rather not go to the surgery due to current risks unless I absolutely have to and frankly a working telephone system is not much to ask for from a surgery!

Have been having trouble with my surgery. Rambling recorded announcement, repeats itself and mostly bl**ding obvious. Then you get the normal announcement which contradicts the Covid one. Sometime the network cuts you off before getting a real person.

(edited for typos)

That?s what happens when a hospital is turned into a giant GP Practice with an appalling record of incompetence ie Concordia /Hambledon. Another cracking Southwark decision. If they cannot get the phones sorted do we really trust them with our health?

Interested to see that the Health Centre has been downgraded to a GP Practice. Is this the case or is the Practice contained within a wider health centre?

first mate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That?s what happens when a hospital is turned into

> a giant GP Practice with an appalling record of

> incompetence ie Concordia /Hambledon. Another

> cracking Southwark decision. If they cannot get

> the phones sorted do we really trust them with our

> health?

>

> Interested to see that the Health Centre has been

> downgraded to a GP Practice. Is this the case or

> is the Practice contained within a wider health

> centre?

Tut tut what a disappointing attitude from you firstmate. I had expected better from someone who supports the goings ons of the area.

first mate Wrote:

> That?s what happens when a hospital is turned into

> a giant GP Practice with an appalling record of

> incompetence ie Concordia /Hambledon. Another

> cracking Southwark decision. If they cannot get

> the phones sorted do we really trust them with our

> health?

>

> Interested to see that the Health Centre has been

> downgraded to a GP Practice. Is this the case or

> is the Practice contained within a wider health

> centre?

Yes! I noticed that it seems to have two different names. Very confusing. And, Concordia changed its name too.

Worth noting that the GP surgery is on the first floor of the Tessa Jowell Health Centre. Like Dulwich Hospital, there were different services inside the building.

I used the blood test area on the ground floor last week and received the same amount of excellent care as at Dulwich Hospital.

IS SELDOC, the out of hours service still there? Also not clear why hospital space was given to a GP Practice. It is not as if we are not in need of hospital services. Seems like a wasted opportunity for a prime site. This hospital used to offer x-rays, maternity services and many other things that I am sure the community would value, instead they plonk a GP Practice there - which already has premises elsewhere and which has not had the best reputation to date.

The GP practice is just a part of the health centre, the community hospital services are under the auspices of the Guys and St Thomas?s NHS Foundation Trust and offer, or will offer,

children's services

community mental health services

blood testing

physiotherapy

kidney dialysis

x-rays

some hospital outpatient clinics

There was a full consultation. Any final decision was made by the Southwark Clinical Care Commissioning Care (part of the NHS) not Southwark Council which is what you implied earlier.

As far as I can work out, they do through the Health and Wellness Boards which the CCGs work closely with. They act more as a forum for sharing information and ideas and do not have decision making powers.

You may be right. My understanding has been that in terms of strategy they are involved/ decision influencers with some heft, especially re wellbeing and mental health; it is also the case that some LA workers have some access to patient information.

All that said, if the new Health Centre is indeed offering on site X-rays that is good news. I just feel the whole site should have been given over to hospital style services, I cannot believe there is not a need for this, especially when the GP super practice involved has premises locally as well as elsewhere in the borough.

There?s a huge need for GP services also. Remember there used to be a GP practice at Dulwich Hospital which closed because of the principal?s retirement a few years ago which makes it appropriate for a GP practice to be included in the new health centre.

Friernlocal Wrote:

> For clarity, kidney dialysis, physiotherapy and

> blood testing are provided at the new health

> centre by King's College Hospital, not GSTT.

But blood testing was previously done at both Dulwich Hospital and King's.

Are you saying it will now only be done at King's?

Dulwich was very convenient!

Penguin68 Wrote:

> No, I think what was meant is that the work at

> Dulwich Hospital will be a King's Satellite

> delivery - and nothing to do therefore with the

> Health centre/ GP provision.

Thanks, I completely misunderstood the post!