We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

www.veganplates.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageIs it really 1000 a month to have a skip?
Posted by worldwiser June 26, 11:35AM

With all these new parking zones, the council tells me this is what it'll cost me per month to have a skip. Up from 80/month in a non CPZ street. Seriously?!?!

messageRe: Is it really 1000 a month to have a skip?
Posted by Abe_froeman June 26, 12:15PM

This is what people voted for

It's 28 per day. "f you wish to place a skip in a restricted parking bay, you must apply for a parking suspension."

[www.southwark.gov.uk]

Plus a skip licence. [www.southwark.gov.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was june 26, 12:18pm by Abe_froeman.

Posted by KidKruger June 26, 01:24PM

London's becoming a total joke with this BS.

Posted by alice June 26, 01:28PM

What exactly is a restricted parking bay

Posted by Froglander June 26, 02:31PM

Unbelievable.

Posted by worldwiser June 26, 02:35PM

And here's the kicker, not only do they charge you the same per day whether the restriction is 2 hours or 10, but they even charge you for the days when there are no restrictions!!

Posted by Jakido June 26, 03:01PM

It sometimes works out cheaper to have a truck pick up rubble etc every few days rather than having a permanent skip. Obviously depends on particular circumstances

Posted by fishbiscuits June 26, 03:41PM

Often for big jobs like extensions, you might get a skip for a week or so while the majority of rubble and rubbish is generated (demolition/gutting). Then throughout the rest of the job, the builders will use a "wait and load" to take away further rubbish.

Posted by Abe_froeman June 26, 04:00PM

It would probably work out cheaper to buy an old flatbed truck and an annual parking permit.

Then put the skip in the back of the truck and at the end of the build sell the truck to the next guy in the street doing an extension

Posted by worldwiser June 26, 05:26PM

Oh Abe, that sounds like a belter of a plan.
It's a six month job on a totally derelict house so whether it's the skip or the contractor van, we have no choice. I absolutely refuse to write a cheque for 6 grand to this council for the privilege of using a piece of their crappy potholed tarmac when people in the next street can do it for next to nothing. It's completely outrageous.

Posted by lameduck June 28, 12:39PM

Now you know why people fly tip

Posted by eddeal1 June 28, 09:24PM

get up and get together and get out and do something about it ...you bunch of.......................................

Posted by eddeal1 June 28, 09:28PM

or are you going to wait till they charge us for the air we breath.....believe me i am 100% sure some clever di--s are sitting at thier desks trying thoer best to find a way to do that.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum