Southwark Recycling

Hello

We're due to move house in the next couple of weeks and need to make multiple trips to the Southwark Recycling Centre to clear out our rubbish.

At the moment, we're allowed one car load with each permit but I have just discovered this morning that we're not allowed to book another permit for another 14 days after we've visited - meaning I can't book another permit following yesterdays visit for another 14 days. We've been clearing stuff since we went under offer 10 days before the lockdown but haven't been able to dispose of it during the lockdown while it's been closed. At this rate, unless the restrictions are lifted on the 4th July with the rest of the lockdown easing, we're going to run out of time to get what we need disposed of (there are several more car loads).

What are our other options? Are there small skips we can hire to bin it all into and have it taken away? Or is there some other option that we've not thought of.

Many thanks in advance!

Poor you. What a stupid and unhelpful policy by Southwark...but predictable for them.

Can't imagine why fly tipping is so rife and blighting towns and countryside! They are supposed to work for council tax paying residents not against us.

The guys at the plant do a cracking job, and if you do go you'll appreciate that social distancing has meant you're just given a couple of bins (garden waste/rubble, household waste) each, rather than meandering about trying to find the right bin. So don't spend hours as I do sorting recycling - it all just household waste now. That upsets me, but hey ho.

I did ask them about it and they sort it out after. It is just while we have social distancing

johnie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The guys at the plant do a cracking job, and if

> you do go you'll appreciate that social distancing

> has meant you're just given a couple of bins

> (garden waste/rubble, household waste) each,

> rather than meandering about trying to find the

> right bin. So don't spend hours as I do sorting

> recycling - it all just household waste now. That

> upsets me, but hey ho.

Abe_froeman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Such pathetic nonsense from our council once

> again.

>

> This service should be open unrestricted and in

> full.

And forget about social distancing and the health of users and staff, and their contacts?

yes.

There is no need (and never has been) to get within 1 metre of any one else at the recycling centre and restrictions on non essential business operating as usual ended weeks ago.

It should be open in full, as should many other council services.

We are still paying full whack for services that are not being provided.