Refuse collectors won't take brown bin

I don't know if other residents are having this problem. Having paid my ?30 for garden waste collection a couple of weeks ago, I still havent received a sticker for the bin and the refuse collectors won't empty it. They want a reference number which I unwisely never wrote down. After hanging on the council phone for half an hour I have now been cut off. I've given up.

I?m having exactly the same experience. Didn?t get a reminder when the old one expired. Bin men refused to collect. Renewed two weeks ago. No sticker. Now 32 minutes on hold... 36 minutes, phone?s gone silent, given up...

A good thing to do if your one is full or you dont want to pay the annual fee, is just put it in someone elses brown bin in your street or beyond. You'll find that often people do not fill them up anywhere near full, so theres plenty of room for your garden waste.

Bad advice. It's really not good to use someone else's bin, you never know when they'll need it and they will have also paid for it. Someone keeps using ours and several times there's been no room for our own garden waste.

Crap that the council haven't sent the OP their sticker though.

dontbesilly Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A good thing to do if your one is full or you dont

> want to pay the annual fee, is just put it in

> someone elses brown bin in your street or beyond.

> You'll find that often people do not fill them up

> anywhere near full, so theres plenty of room for

> your garden waste.

The absurdity is that we have nothing alive in our garden. All the green waste we put into our bin is from stuff that either falls, blows or grows over our neighbours' fences. Lately, I've been clearing the pavements along our road given the monstrous and destructive weeds that have been allowed to sprout and I'm not inclined to volunteer to pay extra for the privilege of disposing of this.

worldwiser Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The absurdity is that we have nothing alive in our

> garden. All the green waste we put into our bin is

> from stuff that either falls, blows or grows over

> our neighbours' fences. Lately, I've been clearing

> the pavements along our road given the monstrous

> and destructive weeds that have been allowed to

> sprout and I'm not inclined to volunteer to pay

> extra for the privilege of disposing of this.

The council have sprayed all the "weeds" in my road.

Why do you call them monstrous and destructive? In the country, they would be called wild flowers.

• 2 weeks later...
Same problem in Peckham rye, paid subscription in March but no sticker. I keep reporting missed collection online but they don't respond, phoned environmental services umpteen times still not resolved. Have now started a stage 1 complaints procedure online which they say they have until August to respond to...................

We are having major problems with our bins, regardless of colour, I'm on the phone to them every week, rebooking new missed collection jobs & they still don't collect them.

This has been going on for six weeks now.