Moxon's Next Door has closed for good

Sad news. This from the Evening Standard:

Moxon's Next Door Only opened a couple of summers ago as an offshoot of the popular fishmongers ? quite literally next door, as the name says ? the small, fresh fish spot isn't coming back. "We won?t be reopening our little restaurant Next Door," Moxon's tweeted. "Many thanks to our customers, staff, and suppliers. We all created a gem we are massively proud of. Work will soon start to increase the size of the shop and incorporate a cafe and deli."

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/restaurants/london-restaurants-bars-pubs-wont-reopen-lockdown-a4463091.html

Whilst disappointed to see the restaurant go, let's not look at this as a bad news story, but as the successful expansion of an already popular retailer.

It looks like they have reviewed the business model and are adapting the overall offer to suit the trading environment.

Retail needs these positives and innovations, and I wish them nothing but success, along with all of our other independent traders.

It was both very good quality, and well priced. This was the restaurant I was most looking forward to revisiting. It's good that Moxons is remaining and I hope that the cafe deli succeeds but I will certainly regret the loss of Next Door. The only really good fish restaurant in the neighbourhood.

Went past last night and it looked open.

(edited to add i see it's already been confirmed!

Xanadustar Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A real shame, it was one of the best restaurants

> on the Lane. The food was excellent and the staff

> just lovely.

>

> Anyone know if Maria?s Tapas is re-opening? I fear

> for its tiny space.

When opened it was very crowded - tables v. close together - thus could not have operated in the new era - I suspect that there was no way they could see of making money in a post Covid environment. Sad but a commentary on layout, not initial business plan. Shame to see it go but I see no way in which it could have operated now.

Abe_froeman Wrote:

> Maria's Tapas was already open on Saturday

How on earth are they going to keep people at a distance in there?

It's like a corridor!

Abe_froeman Wrote:

> It would be amazing if they did takeaway fish and

> chips.

Absolutely this. Ever since Seacow went we've been in need of a really good fish & chip shop on the lane.

Robin (Moxon) is a canny and savvy operator. He?s done the right thing, and when it?s right again I?ve no don?t another restaurant will be on the cards.

Pivoting is the thing here, it?s how entrepreneurs like him do things

Best of luck

Be thankful he?s on the lane in some form