Fatality Dulwich (Seeley Drive, SE21)

bob

Good morning (again)

I?m sorry to send out two Briefing Notes in quick succession but this second one concerns a tragic incident yesterday.

Yours sincerely ??

Inspector Tom Cornish | Neighbourhood Policing | Southwark | AS BCU | Peckham Police Station, 177 Peckham High Street, London, SE15 5SL???? tel: 0207 232 6495 | internal: 726495 mobile: TBA Twitter: @InspTomCornish

Thursday 9th July 2020

AS ? Central South

Briefing note

Murder - seeley Drive, SE21.

Police were called at 18:30hrs on Wednesday, 8 July to reports of a stabbing in Seeley Drive, SE21.

Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and found a male, aged 18, suffering stab injuries. Despite the efforts of the emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

A crime scene remains in place. No arrests have been made at this time and enquiries into the circumstances continue.

As a result of this incident a Section 60 was put in place from 1940 hrs on Wednesday 08 July until 0700hrs on Thursday 9 July. This covered the boundaries North A205 (South Circular) to the East College road all the way down to A2199. The A2199 formed the southern boundary to South Croxted road and then back up to the South Circular.

We have officers conducting reassurance patrols in the area and are supporting our investigation team. If anyone with information that could assist police is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 6306/8July. Alternatively, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Please do contact my staff office or me if you have any questions or wish to discuss any further aspect of this incident with me.

Kind Regards,

Colin Wingrove

Chief Superintendent

BCU Commander ? Central South

NOTICE - This email and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may be confidential.? If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system.? Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this email or in any attachment without the permission of the sender.? Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) communication systems are monitored to the extent permitted by law and any email and/or attachments may be read by monitoring staff.? Only specified personnel are authorised to conclude binding agreements on behalf of the MPS by email and no responsibility is accepted for unauthorised agreements reached with other personnel.? While reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this email, its security and that of any attachments cannot be guaranteed.

?