One Dulwich - who is funding it?

I appear to keep getting anonymous glossy leaflets through my letter box from One Dulwich. Does anyone know who is funding this? It seems to be a pro car lobby group trying to fight pro cycling road calming.

Is it masquerading as a community group but actually funded by an individual or organisation? It doesn?t say on their website. Having 800 ?members? doesn?t mean it?s not privately funded. The leaflets and website are quite slick. Is it done by a professional social media company? That would cost money.

Does anyone know who is funding One Dulwich??

No idea

It could well be a few residents who have stumped up a small amount of cash and some of them could have skills in design and so on.

Most of the original members were based in the village so I suspect no shortage of skills or money. Or are you concerned that they have funding via the council which would be typically ironic if it was true.

Not much info - not much at all

Twitter account exists as @realonedulwich -> @onedulwich already exists and refers to this one as "No links to local drivers group with similar name!" twitter followed by 'Dulwich and Norwood Conservatives' but that's no smoking gun.

You can ask them.

I suspect the residents who feel they have been ignored by the council are pulling out all the stops to get as much support as possible for their group (which is not pro-car they just want a more balanced approach to council decision making that impact all residents in Dulwich).

One Dulwich have been very public in their request for people with relevant skills to offer their services to them so I suspect they have been deploying those skills when people volunteer their services.

One Dulwich are now heading up towards 1,000 registered - the momentum is gathering pace, just look at the map of Dulwich where people have registered - it's pretty compelling. https://www.onedulwich.uk/supporters

By the looks of the amount of active One Dulwich de-positioning going on those who have had the exclusive ear of the council for so long are getting worried that the playing field is getting levelled.......

Couldn?t agree more.

Rockets Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I suspect the residents who feel they have been

> ignored by the council are pulling out all the

> stops to get as much support as possible for their

> group (which is not pro-car they just want a more

> balanced approach to council decision making that

> impact all residents in Dulwich).

>

> One Dulwich have been very public in their request

> for people with relevant skills to offer their

> services to them so I suspect they have been

> deploying those skills when people volunteer their

> services.

>

> One Dulwich are now heading up towards 1,000

> registered - the momentum is gathering pace, just

> look at the map of Dulwich where people have

> registered - it's pretty compelling.

> https://www.onedulwich.uk/supporters

>

> By the looks of the amount of active One Dulwich

> de-positioning going on those who have had the

> exclusive ear of the council for so long are

> getting worried that the playing field is getting

> levelled.......

100Dulwich Wrote:

> I appear to keep getting anonymous glossy leaflets

> through my letter box from One Dulwich. Does

> anyone know who is funding this? It seems to be a

> pro car lobby group trying to fight pro cycling

> road calming.

>

> Is it masquerading as a community group but

> actually funded by an individual or organisation?

> It doesn?t say on their website. Having 800

> ?members? doesn?t mean it?s not privately funded.

> The leaflets and website are quite slick. Is it

> done by a professional social media company? That

> would cost money.

>

> Does anyone know who is funding One Dulwich??

In balance of fairness, I had a pretty glossy one from Clean Air for Dulwich through the door, which pre-empted the OneDulwich one.

Ha - I think that One Dulwich is just funded via people who feel strongly. Look at the area the supporters predominantly live in, they aren't short of cash. The website is a squarespace one, looks glossy but not so expensive and there are lots of retired people involved who have plenty of time to dedicate. Don't think that its anything sinister or funded by a 'car lobby' etc.

Fully agree with the aims of One Dulwich. When the schools go back in September, the closure of this junction will create massive tailbacks and worse traffic conditions in lots of local areas. The original junction was upgraded at huge expense 18 months ago, and actually made it worse. The alleged improved cyclist lane is a major danger to cyclists, as they can?t access it due to the way junction laid out. Basically the only way now to travel from east to west dulwich is via the south circular. As someone who walks, cycles and drives, there are so many ways I would love to see cycling provision improved. This hair brained arbitrary decision by the council must be stopped.

You can get 5,000 leaflets from vista print for ?80, so 16 households chip in a fiver each for a worthy cause. And some volunteers to deliver low-cost high(ish) impact material.

Nothing sinister to see here.

It looks like the maildrop is working - over 1,000 sign-ups now - it seems like One Dulwich have really hit upon something - many of us have been telling the council for a long time that they need to listen to more people and make their consultation outputs more reflective of community feeling as a whole rather than appeasing a small minority of the Dulwich constituents and inflicting misery on others as a result.

Trinnydad Wrote:

> Sorry to say that One Dulwich is an abysmal

> failure. Not organised, no plan, no hope.

> Southwark and TFL must be relieved they are only

> dealing with a bunch of well-mannered, genteel old

> fuddy dudders.

Is that an opinion or can you show what your evidence is ?

Sporthuntor Wrote:

> I note this 100 Dulwich account was opened

> yesterday...just to attack what appears to be a

> bona fide local residents group???

Well spotted. Bloody cheek to insult the One Dulwich members too! Suggests he or she is worried!

Sporthuntor Wrote:

> I note this 100 Dulwich account was opened

> yesterday...just to attack what appears to be a

> bona fide local residents group???

That's how politics works - since 2016 anyway - people have learnt lessons on how to campaign from Brexit and Trump.

Adult arguments seem to be chucked out the window in favour of social media tinsel.

Even the question "who funds you ?" is something thrown around on both sides of Brexit.