We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.circlepsychologypartners.co.uk

www.hensonsecurity.com

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: Dulwich library - is it open? If not, when will it?!
Posted by siousxiesue August 28, 03:20PM

Froglander Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is Grove Vale Library open yet?

Nope, although it would seem to be one of the easiest to open. All on one level.

[www.southwark.gov.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was august 28, 04:17pm by siousxiesue.

Posted by Pugwash August 29, 12:31AM

Tried ordering via catalogue - managed to order 2 books only in nearly an hour - not a very user friendly site.
Hubby ordered a book by phone and was advised later that it was sent to Dulwich Library on 17th August. Went to collect it on 21st and was told that boxes had not been unpacked. Eventually collected 27th August and talking to librarian about my difficulty in ordering via internet , did comment that many people have found the system slow and not helpful.

Posted by Lynne August 29, 02:02PM

With the schools opening, libraries are more important than ever. If it's taking 4 days to click and connect, that's not much use for homework.

Posted by Cora August 29, 03:12PM

Went up today, closed.....why aren't they advertising opening times? We have a load of books we just want to return!

Posted by siousxiesue August 29, 03:50PM

Cora Wrote:
> Went up today, closed.....why aren't they
> advertising opening times? We have a load of books
> we just want to return!

It's a pretty poor show! What are the staff doing/going if 'their' branch is still closed. I wonder who the councillor is for leisure/libraries?

Posted by Pugwash August 30, 03:17PM

Hubby did see a notice on Friday - I think he said weekends were 10 - 2 - I know the hours were shorter than the weekday openings.

Posted by Lolamaxx September 06, 02:59PM

They’re planning to open as normal over the next few weeks. I went to drop off some verrrrrrry overdue books, and the process was as simple as plopping them in a box. Only the sliding-door area was open, with a trestle table blocking further entry. There were 3 members of staff/volunteers, and you have to wear a mask in that area as a user. For children, they’re able to give a “mystery bag” of age-appropriate books, which I thought was quite nice.

Posted by apbremer September 08, 04:28PM

I asked a lady there today She confirmed that they have no idea when it will be reopened(if ever??)
Cinemas open, concert halls open, pubs and restaurants open, shops open. museums open. But STILL no library.
Pathetic.

Posted by siousxiesue September 08, 05:10PM

apbremer Wrote:
> I asked a lady there today She confirmed that they
> have no idea when it will be reopened(if ever??)
> Cinemas open, concert halls open, pubs and
> restaurants open, shops open. museums open. But
> STILL no library.
> Pathetic.

Can someone help point out the councillors responsible for leisure? We could all email...

Posted by LJC56 September 11, 05:44PM

Cycled past Dulwich library today. It's open 10-6 every day apart from Sunday, for drop off and collect.

Posted by Pugwash September 14, 01:04PM

Having ordered 2 books in late August I still have not heard whether they are now in Dulwich Library to collect as not had any emails. So long ago - I cannot remember what I ordered.

More logical (to me) is to have a couple of mobile shelves/trolleys of various books (fiction/ non fiction) for people to browse. Shelves/trolleys can be moved each night into 'isolation zone' for 72 hours and a fresh lot of books put out the following day etc.

Posted by northernmonkey Yesterday, 08:04PM

Does anyone have any recent experience of ordering children’s books to Dulwich please? Is that working well?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum