When are the noise team at council allowed to do anything again?

I know I?m not the only one who had to put up with someone else?s party on the corner of Crystal Palace/Landcroft Rd last night/this morning. Awful music, a drum machine and a PA system until the early hours isn?t a little gathering.

Like many, I called the council noise team who said that due to coronavirus they couldn?t do anything. They said I could contact 101. After 30 mins on hold to 101 I was told many people had made the same complaint but that it?s not for the police to do anything it?s the council.

So, before we have to be subjected to more of this - and no sleep - is it not time for the noise team to come back? Passing the matter to 101 when they must surely know they?d be unable to do anything seems like a huge waste of time and resource.

That's passing buck only in peak covid was it police issue u could report online now if is definitely large gathering breaking covid restrictions rules.

Otherwise meant be noise team nonsense they can't go they have masks etc to deal it.

About time they re started visits

Sadly police are so understaffed unless people risk harm or drugs they won't go out.

• 3 weeks later...
I asked the Noise Team when they are becoming active again this afternoon and was told 10th August - fingers crossed. In the meantime you can still report noise nuisance and get a reference number & someone from the team will get back to you within 3 working days.

Zig-Zag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why on earth haven't they been working until now?

They have been taking calls to log incidents, giving reference numbers and calling back but haven't been attending. Same for the ASB team. A lot of Southwark's work has shut down - Tree team only attending for emergency work, for example.

I had a massive problem during the lockdown proper but as I had the phone number of the builder in charge I could pass it on to a noise/ environment officer who contacted the builder and it was sorted. I used the Southwark number for anti-social behaviour. We cannot just be abandoned to these selfish articles in our midst!

That?s the one- it?s actually Landcroft Road. I?m top of Lordship Lane, have food poisoning and trying to sleep it off. Between that and the dogs I haven?t slept in ages. It?s appalling what people think is generally acceptable to their neighbours - and this one started after midnight so there was no way of getting the noise team involved. Why would the noise team only be working during the hours of 7-midnight, when pretty much any noise is acceptable?

The dog on the same street or nearby started half an hour ago so another weekend lost to sleep deprivation. 😔

Kept us up too! Until at least 4am. I'm guessing it's the same party as we are on LL near Goodrich Rd. So selfish. We're now exhausted and the plans we had for today are ruined. I don't remember the last party so not sure if we managed to sleep through that one or if it was just louder this time. Tired and grumpy today!

I?m going to find out the rough number of the house today. This isn?t the first time but I?d rather it was the last so suggest we all call the noise team, let them know, and hope they get the message and reinstate the full normal service.

Same here re plans. It?s my birthday weekend too. It?s not fair and we pay for a service that isn?t running, inexplicably, the time we need it most. Sorry to hear about your plans.

There was a loud party on East Dulwich Rd near Goose Green last night until at least 3am. Sounds similar to what you described, I wonder if they've moved down the road a bit?

They'd put up a marquee so it was a pretty well planned event. The marquee is still up now, I shudder to think if they have the same thing planned again tonight.

I've just checked my messages and got the house, the party is back at the noisy house so if it's still there at 10pm I'll have to make a complaint to allow the noise team two hours to sort it before they clock off. Ludicrous complaining at 10pm, but not much choice as I'm not staying up until 4am listening to that crap again.

"I dont get why i should not be able to do what i please in my own property, bought at great expense which wiped out almost all of my inheritance. Im planning a big one for this forthcoming bank holiday Sunday, but on the advice i have seen here i might just start it at midnight so there is no noise team for my pesky neighbours to call."

Out of interest how old are you?