DHFC planning application

I think this development proposal is appalling.

I have been a Hamlet fan since I moved to the area over 25 years ago. I would love it to thrive, but not at the expense of the local environment. I am extremely concerned that the football club is anxious for all fans to support this application, and to give the impression that it is the unanimous view of all supporters. The few green spaces we have are precious and need protecting. The club have got themselves into an unhealthy relationship with a property company who were only a short while ago were trying to put them out of business. Southwark Council should not collude in it.

I would urge all those who feel strongly about it to register their objection on the Southwark Council planning website.

https://bit.ly/savegreendale

squirrelmc Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That thread hasn't had any proper answers yet.

> Much more to say but busy at the moment. Check

> back at the weekend.

The two DHFC Directors have answered plenty of questions, many of them a response to the same misinformation over and over again.

Dear squirrelmc

I am sorry but your comment that there are no proper answers on that thread just about sums up everything that is wrong with this process. You know full well we have answered every single post in great detail including providing references to all supporting information.

I really don?t mind if you made your mind up before making your first post and no amount of information would change that position or that you didn?t like the answers but I do mind when people mislead the community and imply answers are not forthcoming.

Kind regards

Ben

Dear Cerruty

I would agree that the current position could have been avoided but that is a long time past and neither the current club owners and directors nor Meadow were on the scene when the club lost control of its future. They have both inherited the situation and are both seeking the best outcome possible.

Southwark Council are also seeking the best outcome for the greatest benefit of the community and are in no way ?colluding?, they are fighting for what is best and have made an independent recommendation after long and careful study.

Also the club has always acknowledged and welcomed the fact that there are differing opinions, I have personally had long and respectful chats with fans who oppose the applications. We have also been careful to encourage people to log opinions and speak their own mind. Every communication has acknowledged the presence of valid opposition. To say that we have claimed unanimous support is therefore incorrect.

I feel for you and others in your position, I also want to protect green space and have always told the Local groups that if the Astro turf (our previous stadium plot) becomes our home again they will find the greatest ally in the club in ensuring the areas of Green Dale that have not been part of our stadium site over the years remain natural open spaces.

But I know that is not enough for everyone which I also have to respect.

Kind regards

Ben

Hi Abe

I was asked to help the club survive at its lowest point financially in August 2018. I audited everything in great detail and reported that the club was days from extinction if it could not return to Champion Hill and so secured a return in October 2018. I made it clear at the time that this was a short term stay of execution and the long term future could only be secured by having its own home. We modelled every possible scenario - I was independent and had no history with the club or the stadium owners or the council.

My job was to identify a solution and this application is the only viable path and everyone we have shared the information with has come to the same conclusion. I would urge you to read the supporters? trust statement on this subject.

So, I am a little confused by the fact that you are not convinced and would love to know what else I can provide that has not already been stated? If you have information that would support an alternative that leaves the club in the hands of the fans I would sincerely love to hear from you.

Kind regards

Ben

Abe_froeman Wrote:

> You keep making that threat but no everyone is

> convinced

How are you expecting the club to survive if the stadium doesn't go ahead?

Abe_froeman Wrote:

> You keep making that threat but no everyone is

> convinced

As someone that started preparing insolvency documents for the club at tooting, I can confirm the threat to be 100% real.

As someone who has lived here a while and can remember Sainsburys been built,I just can?t believe anything the club/meadows says about the future of the green dale area. In a few years the goalposts will just be moved again,I

love the club and hope it stays but not at any cost

Orange owl Wrote:

> As someone who has lived here a while and can

> remember Sainsburys been built,I just can?t

> believe anything the club/meadows says about the

> future of the green dale area. In a few years the

> goalposts will just be moved again,I

> love the club and hope it stays but not at any

> cost

This is exactly my feeling on it. I hope I am wrong.

The club is the people you are currently unwilling to trust. They organise the functioning of the club, the money to recruit and pay the staff and team, the ground, facilities, safety, bar - all of it, without them there is no club.

So when anyone says they don't trust the people who run the club but also "I love the club" one is embracing two opposing arguments which should be mutually exclusive.

It's a fair point, Anotherpaul. "The club", the entity that is evoking such strong feelings is an amalgam of people. The club is constituted by people: their work, support, feelings, and kinship. It is not constituted by architecture. People make places, not buildings. On this view 'the club' could plausibly play football at any number of spaces, it is not limited to the proposition on the table. This is evidenced by 'the club' playing at Tooting but it could be elsewhere.

I think it is clear that Meadow are completely unscrupulous and untrustworthy and also pretty good at getting what they want.

It's not a case of anyone doubting the motives of those running the club. I think the fear is that despite the best intentions of the club and the Council, Meadow will continue to out manoeuvre them in future. This may well be unfounded (I hope so).

I don't know whether or not it would have been possible, but I would have liked to see the Council push ahead with compulsory purchase.

As long as Meadow are in the picture, people are unlikely to feel reassured - and it's not a sign that they don't support the team.