When was the last time you saw an East Dulwich Councillor

I've never actually seen a live one.

James Barber once walked past after he lost his seat but a live elected one, never

Maybe they are like chatbots programmed with a limited number of council authorised answers and if challenged they default to "speak to my supervisor" mode (who also doesn't exist)

🙊

I?ve emailed one of the Dulwich Hill councillors several times and never got a reply. The other one has been very good at engaging and replying. I have emailed other councillors outside my ward and never got a reply. I?m unimpressed with local government because of this.

I have seen

- Victoria + Charlie at surgery (remember them) on different occasions

- Charlie walking his dog in PRP

- James and Charlie at the St John's coffee morning

- Charlie in southwark cathedral but he was mayor at the time

I have seen "James I" once as ex-councillor.

Abe_froeman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In east dulwich or otherwise?

>

> For me it was during the 2019 general election

> campaign, in east dulwich. I've not personally

> seen one since.

Not sure what you want here - should they knock on your door on a regular basis? Mine responds when I ask for something, that'll do me.

James Barber was always diligent replying to messages on here and was often visible in my area (Melbourne Grove). He always replied back to me on the Forum and worked hard for the community. I?m not affiliated with any particular party btw but I think his hard work and dedication shouldn?t be forgotten(you should look back at his posts if you don?t believe me).

It is interesting that it is former councillors (James B and Robin) who were and are most conspicuous by their regular presence in ED - and that neither of them were members of the ruling apparat. But then no surprises there. [NB Renata is the exception that proves that rule, responsive and present.]

I'm still here, Penguin. I do a huge amount of community work, people always stop me in the street, message me, or even knock on my door for advice... but I find it very difficult to log into the forum on my ancient computer so I tend to communicate via Twitter.

There are several threads that I keep intending to comment on so, now that I know that you're missing me, I'll try to update more regularly when I can log in.

BTW, ironically, the councillor who has helped me to progress several huge issues is James McAsh... he tends to respond to emails rather than publicly.

I've sent James McAsh a couple of e-mails over the last few weeks and he has responded super promptly and politely with the help that I requested. BTW - I'm not a labour voter and wouldn't vote for him if it was just on party lines, but I must say, I've been impressed.

We get a visit from our councillors about once a year. They send a letter saying they are visiting our road and drop in to ask if we have any issues. Obviously with Covid it has not happened recently but previously it has happened for years and no, it was not Mr Barber, it was our regular Labour ones.

I'm still here, Penguin. I do a huge amount of community work, ...

I wasn't remotely suggesting you weren't, indeed that's the point of my post. My closing remark was simply to note that Renata was outperforming her party colleagues in terms of visibility, and was the exception that proved the rule about the ruling party.

The Dulwich Wood Councillors are really good about replying to emails and recently invited a number of people from my street to a Zoom meeting to discuss a particular issue that was affecting some houses, which was really useful. I've met them in person pre-Covid (not because they came round door to door but because they responded to specific issues in the area and offered to meet up with those affected).

• 5 weeks later...

rch Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm still here, Penguin. I do a huge amount of

> community work, people always stop me in the

> street, message me, or even knock on my door for

> advice... but I find it very difficult to log into

> the forum on my ancient computer so I tend to

> communicate via Twitter.

Not criticising but mines 10 years old and still going strong (I did buy a really good specced one - that has really lasted the years. Still got a hard drive and 1st gen i7 :) ). I agree the forum is difficult on an iPhone.

It'll die now you wait.