Now they are going to operate Lordship Lane's bus lanes 24/7

Yup, pure cash grab... Pot to grab is only going to shrink more though. TFL bust and relying on central government bailouts for the foreseeable future I think?

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "won't someone think of the revenues ?"

Yes, another example of Southwark introducing disproportionate measures, without due forethought. Ok keep buses moving when its busy, but why 24 hours?

But then there will be that additional income from all those extra fines. Now I understand!

"As we recover from coronavirus, we?re starting to see more private vehicles using parts of the road network than before? - that's because you can't pop up to Herne Hill (for example) and be sure of actually getting on the 37 after waiting for 20 minutes; or get a bus to Peckham Rye Station.

The 30 min parking on Lordship Lane is a Godsend when heading home after a trip out and you need to pick up some quick groceries or a curry; or to buy a bootful of meat from William Rose. It's like the idiots at Southwark Council think "How can we upset East Dulwich residents today?"

Trunk roads and their bus lanes are entirely TFL's domain, nothing to do with southwark. If you don't like then don't vote for the mayor.

But this is fantastic news!

More reliable bus journeys and easier cycling. More rabid motorist comments on EDF. More planters etc. What's not to like?

alice Wrote:

> So where?s the bus lane on EDG?

EDG is so narrow in places that two sizeable vehicles cannot pass each other without one stopping to let the other go by. I can only assume that this is why, until about 15 years ago, the bus route went down Melbourne Grove and not EDG. No room for a bus lane therefore. It is against this backdrop that Southwark decided it was VERY sensible to displace huge volumes of traffic onto this road.

I wonder whether they could squeeze in a bus lane down Court Lane however?!?!

Dogkennelhillbilly Wrote:

> I love the idea that there's a shadowy cabal of

> Court Lane residents that is secretly controlling

> local and London government.

Funny you should say that because years ago in the early 1990s, before they installed speed humps and the P4 was going up and down Court Lane between Lewisham and Brixton, the residents complained that ne'er-do-wells from Brixton and Lewisham were 'casing' the properties on Court Lane- (I heard that from a Southwark Councillor who lived in Court Lane!)

Dogkennelhillbilly Wrote:

> That sounds like a completely reliable and highly

> relevant anecdote.

>

> When did the P4 run up Court Lane? I lived very

> close by in 89-92 and only remember it going up

> College Rd (as a "hail and ride" service). It's

> totally possible that I am misremembering.

When the speed humps were installed which was about 1988 or so because I remember taking my kids to school and one of them was petrified of dogs...he was about 10 at the time . A dog ran out of a front gate in Court Lane and he ran into the road in fear and I remember thinking if the speed humps hadn't been there he would have been killed. The speed humps were installed soon after a couple of schoolboys were hit by a car travelling at speed down Court Lane and overshot the bend near to the Village end, mounted the pavement and hit them both. One of them was taken to hospital but the other one was thrown into a bush in a front garden and was found later if I recall.

I lived in Eynella and often got the P4 to shop in Lewisham as the 185 takes forever