We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

All Round Renovation

www.hensonsecurity.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageCan anyone suggest a good GP practice?
Posted by Nushi September 13, 12:43PM

We are new in East Dulwich and we are looking to register with a GP. Can you recommend any surgery? Even better if they are good with kids :-)

Thank you!

messageRe: Can anyone suggest a good GP practice?
Posted by nina_maniana September 13, 01:17PM

The lordship lane surgery is great. Friendly reception staff and GPs who actually remember your family

Posted by Pugwash September 14, 12:58PM

All depends where you live in ED as many practices have catchment areas

Posted by sabiha September 14, 10:19PM

do yourself a favour. Steer Clear of Melbourne Rd. Practice. Unkind. Unfriendly. No Social Skills.
Horrible. Waiting times. Unreasonable. GP's unskilled. Receptionists. Rude.

Posted by Bic Basher September 14, 10:45PM

306 Medical Centre covers all of SE22. Professional service from reception and the doctors despite Covid restrictions.

Posted by valeenitt September 15, 12:27PM

306 has very few doctors, Dr Chawdhery and her nephew. I find them both incompetent and very superficial.
GPs at the gardens are more skilled - but, as you can expect, the surgery has a very small catchment area.

Posted by Froglander September 15, 02:22PM

sabiha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> do yourself a favour. Steer Clear of Melbourne Rd.
> Practice. Unkind. Unfriendly. No Social Skills.
> Horrible. Waiting times. Unreasonable. GP's
> unskilled. Receptionists. Rude.

Melbourne Grove Surgery doesn’t exist anymore. It is now called Tessa Jowell and is in the new health centre in the grounds of Dulwich Hospital in East Dulwich Grove.

Posted by Hoi Polloi September 15, 05:10PM

Avoid Forest Hill Road practice.
There is supposed to be nine doctors working there according to their website but you can never get an appointment to see them. The waiting room is always empty whenever I go to collect my prescription.
I would love to find out how many hours these doctors work.

Posted by Growlybear September 15, 05:27PM

I've been with Forest Hill Road surgery for over 40 years, and have always found them to be brilliant. Without exception, I've always been able to get a same day appointment when I've needed it, and have never had to wait an unreasonably long time for a routine appointment. There seems to have been quite a turnover of doctors over the last couple of years, but all of the doctors I've seen/spoken to recently have been excellent. The reception staff are always really helpful and go out of their way to help.

Posted by SpringTime September 15, 08:16PM

Has been a fair and quite consistently decent experience with DMC Chadwick Road for me and mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was september 16, 08:29am by SpringTime.

Posted by Monkey September 15, 08:27PM

Avoid DMC Crystal Palace Road. Largest surgery in the area, hardly a GP in sight. I moved to the Gardens, which I rate very highly. Their catchment is much smaller now than it used to be. Details on their website.

Posted by PSJ September 17, 03:19PM

I'm pleased with 306, but then again, my previous experience was with the big place on crystal palace road.

Posted by Mrs Peel September 17, 05:27PM

I've also had good experiences with The Gardens. I couldn't recommend DMC in Crystal Palace Road. My experience was that they take on far more patients than they can really take care of. When they couldn't give me an appointment they used to send me the to a walk-in clinic in Peckham.

Posted by gabys1st September 18, 12:52AM

Have moved a wee bit out of Firest Hill Rd' catchment area and now realise how good they are.

Posted by bels123 Yesterday, 08:12PM

We love The Gardens surgery.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum