Traffic on Lordship Lane

Commuter12

Closed because it's another traffic one - Admin

As a result of the recent LTN and permeable filters off Lordship Lane, the traffic has increased to unbearable levels. As a cyclist myself, I am all for the measures to encourage safe active travel, however, I think the approach that has been taken is far from equitable. It is simply not fair that residents of Lordship Lane are now forced to suffer from idling traffic at all hours of the day. Lordship Lane has always been dangerous for cyclists as vehicles frequently exceed the 20mph speed limit which is not enforced.

I am having difficulty understanding how this traffic will ever decrease, there are members of our society who rely on a motor vehicle for travel & as (almost) all of the roads into the Village are now closed, there are no alternative routes for this traffic to take.

Is there anything that can be done to campaign for a more fair approach to reducing pollution in the area? Lordship Lane seems to have been ignored in all of the proposals. This is bringing misery to the lives of residents and businesses, not to mention the children of Harris Academy Primary School on Lordship Lane.

One Dulwich is campaigning for a more equitable approach: https://www.onedulwich.uk/

This is the Southwark Streetspace Comments page. This is where the council is asking those (both in favour and against) to comment: https://eastdulwichstreetspace.commonplace.is/

It might also be worth writing to the following councillors:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]