Re: Theft from bike shed Underhill Road
Posted by northernmonkey
October 07, 08:55AM
Thats so annoying am sorry to hear that.
The Stolen bikes in London facebook page recommends the following if not already done:
1. Log it on findthatbike.co.uk and on bikeregister.com Mark as stolen and include the frame number if you know it.
2. Tweet and Instagram post with @stolenride
3. Set up alerts on findthatbike which covers gumtree, ebay and Preloved, then set up separate alerts on shpock.
4. You can also see bikes for sale in London area on bikeshd.co.uk
5. Report it to the police via 101 crime form online. Let them know if you see it for sale, arrange to buy it then ask them to come with you to recover it. They don't always have the resources, but sometimes they do this. Good luck!
In terms of bike shed security - its difficult because the advantage of having them accessible to use also means that they are accessible to steal, and more secure sheds might indicate more valuable bikes, but adding additional security like a ground anchor and locking the bikes with a motorcycle chain when inside the shed might help to make them less easy to take?