We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

https://www.gokayfitness.com/3-months-body-transformation

www.fabbeautelondon.com

www.circlepsychologypartners.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageSomeone tapping on door at night.
Posted by i*Rate October 11, 08:42AM

We are in Fellbrigg Road; last night we heard someone tapping on the glass on the front door at around 9pm, although we have a knocker. We asked who it was but when we had a look outside they had gone. The lights were off in the front of the house at the time but we put the hall light back on.
Very strange; someone seeing if anyone was in maybe? Or someone at the wrong address?

Stay Safe.

messageRe: Someone tapping on door at night.
Posted by SpringTime October 11, 09:48AM

Did you look further down the street as well?

Posted by Spartacus October 11, 11:54AM

Whilst it's disturbing and I hope nothing more comes off it,I can't help feeling that you are describing the opening scene to a Halloween film 😱

Posted by Dogkennelhillbilly October 11, 01:51PM

The viral marketing for horror movies has gone too far.

Posted by JohnL October 12, 12:16PM

I'd just assume it was somebody who's business wasn't important enough to wait - unless it happened multiple times - then it does begin to sound like a variation on the babysitting urban myth smiling smiley.

this bits my favorite and the one to watch for

"The babysitter does check on the children each time, with her noticing a creepy clown statue that she assumes was just a part of the decor, but ends up being the man in question. She learns this when she mentions it to the mother via phone call, who alerts her to the fact that they donít have a clown statue."

Posted by i*Rate October 12, 08:16PM

Thanks everyone - all quiet since then and no one around.

We're not going to watch any spooky films for the time being!

Posted by Clutterqueen October 12, 11:41PM

Very strange!

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum