Is your drs waiting area open ?

Just wondering if all drs waiting areas still shut , I got very distressed when visiting mine , as it was pouring down 8 of us waiting in car park to go in , personally I was ok but got talking to a lady with breast cancer , who had came to see nurse as She had infection after surgery , she had arrived early as was using public transport and was in rain for at least 30 mins , I was seeing a dr so I couldn?t offer her my time slot :( . This has played heavily on my mind . Wrote a complaint to surgery as they have a good size waiting area empty , all I got was because of Covid .

My surgery is using their waiting room, but the vast majority of consultations are by phone.

But you can't give a flu jab by phone 🤣

There were three patients max in the waiting room during the time I was there, very widely distanced.

And masked, obviously.

That sounds very unsatisfactory. My GP is using their waiting room, but only for a handful of people ? when I went for my flu jab there were a couple of others waiting, miles apart. Surely if someone is recovering from surgery, and coming by public transport, they could accommodate that more sympathetically!

Thanks I thought maybe they are not allowed, now I know some surgeries are using there?s I?m going to Push this more as I believe totally out of order ,on the elderly. Surgery could hold at least 10 patients socially distancing, with winter upon us , don?t think it?s fair waiting in outdoor elements with no shelter .

At reception had temp taken on wrist by thru a hole in plexi glass. Hand santiser on counter, patients already wearing masks before entering the building - don't know if theey hadn't if wd have been offered one.

Waiting for flue jab..3 others in waiting room -sat way more than 6 ft apart. DMC at Chadwick RD.